Atos appointment medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Atos appointment medical

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey Guys

Sorry about starting a new topic it just put my mind at easy , Well I got go my medical on Monday but lest good news is atos are pay for the taxi and it going stop sort near the door of the place which good thing but bad thing is i'm have so much trouble walking and stay awake i am falling a sleep i might not be able to talk to the doctor on the day and i am so worried i would have reapply again heh bad stuff going thought my head at the min my mam is really upset about been turn down for home visit. But i told her we can complain some how hope some people out there can gave on some advise heh last time i am going post i think everyone get bit sick of me now :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Atos appointment medical

Postby cardu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:46 pm

hi :-) they will be watching when you get there etc to see if your putting it on.....when i had mine i scored 0 points.....which is a joke..i expected to score at least a few...think you need to be dead to pass lol......ut i phoned them and sent back appeal and carried on again....its all to find the scammers...you will be ok its just abit of hassle....good luck :)
cardu
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 pm

BlueBerry, I've locked your other topic off, save you getting duplicated replies.

Is your wonderful mam going with you for the assessment?? Try not to worry yourself about this, we can't control everything around us unfortunately :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If you were to fall asleep during the assessment it would definitely show them how it affects you. And if you find talking to the person doing your medical difficult, again it would show them how you are affected.

With all the horror stories there are about Atos, the chaos the system is in and so many people having to appeal, it's no wonder your head is full of things.

There will be a complaints procedure for letting them know what you think about not being able to have a home visit, it just might need a bit of hunting around and digging out to find it.

If you can, try to distract yourself from this over the weekend. Is there some music you like listening to, or something you like to watch?? Even if it can distract you for a short while, it's a few minutes less worrying than you would have had.

Don't ever think that we would be sick of you BlueBerry, we'll try to help you with things, or at the very least send a few :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I've also found this linky http://www.scribd.com/doc/97651322/Usin ... -Procedure
It's a guide to geting the best out of Atos' complaint system, written by someone who works for CAB. If you and your mam have a look at it, you could find it helpful if you do decide to write to them about your home visit request being turned down.

Atos do have a complaints procedure BlueBerry, the only thing is it seems to be an absolute pig to find it online. However, I've found this on another forum. Someone has managed to get a copy of their full complaints guide/manual and have copied it on to the forum, so that might help you as well http://dwpexamination.org/forum/general ... e-request/

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sootybean56 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

hi,blueberry :wave:
i had my atos medical back in may its best to have someone
go with you.
and they do watch you arriving and leaving.
they also take notice of how you rise and sit down and
walk to and from interview room
they will ask various questions relating to what you are capable of doing
and if you are depressed
i was also examined but the person who examined me told me to tell her
to stop and tell her if i was in pain which i was.
i was initially placed in wrag group but wrote to ask them to reconsider
which they did and i am now in support group till november when i will
be reassessed.
just won tribunal for dla been awarded lcr and hmr till oct 2013
so good luck and i hope this gives you a little insight :blowkiss:
sootybean56
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Wow thank you fluppy that great about the complaint I had no idea where look for that I was going do that after i was feeling bit better and get CAB help me write a complained to them . Me and my mam had worse two weeks of ower life way we been treated by one of two staff on the phone even one question my mental health wasn't nice at all.

I'm basic really tried right now, well all the time even falling a sleep talk to my mam it was so nice I end up have good cry on her shoulder and have nice chit chat about stuff and her tell me not to worry and me joking on saying you going have wake me up or try finish off an answer for me at the medical this Monday.

Pretty bad at the min only way i can get my words down with out get tongue tide or something is by typing and it special keyboard heh silicone one heh ;-)

also pretty funny see me walking at the min it bit like a penguin :lol: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
I have flat feet and born with problem with my hip :crazy:

So i let my mam know i may take me a while get in and also sitting is a problem it hard get out chair thanks sootybean56 for the heads up I am worse then i was at my last assessment and I now have trouble hearing the so called doctor or nurse I just hope it goes well I am off get some sleep and this weekend going spend some time with my mam try not think about this mad thing on Monday so i let you know how it goes .....

thanks be there i don't know what i do without this forum like i keep saying oh and i hope sep i get some help with my Fibromyalgia with my new doctor :-D

:bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Those linkys are there for when you need them BlueBerry. I'll have as many :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: as I can for you on Monday :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:Those linkys are there for when you need them BlueBerry. I'll have as many :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: as I can for you on Monday :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Thanks fluppy have so bad day i end up try get my doctor gave me stronger pain killers today in so much pain with my hip and I keep falling a sleep no fun at all i just hope this time with way i am i pass my so called medical :crazy:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:44 pm

:goodluck1: for Monday BlueBerry. :hugs: :flowers:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits