Support Group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Support Group

Postby lolabolla » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:30 pm

So,

I had my Atos - ESA assessment today and had it recorded too! no problems there.

The assessor asked the usual questions which I answered, sometimes with the help of my son who accompanied me there.

Then the assessor said that he would not be doing the physical examination :yikes: which worried me somewhat. He was happy with the evidence provided.

He then said that he would be recommending to DWP that I should be put in the Support Group.

Is this what happens, could it have really been that simple. I am a little dubious to say the least.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Support Group

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 pm

All depends on alot of factors to whether it was that easy plus its the decision makers final outcome.

I hope for you it all goes to plan and you get in the support group :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 pm

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:04 pm

wow I hope they put you in support group mine if you read same day as yours which weird :lol: http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14456
was pretty a mess got sent home and will get home visit later aww well I hope i get put support group too i wish they won't bother with home visit heh :crazy:

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:30 pm

I hope you do well, but often this is not the case, they WILL lie to your face (As I was, I was told I'd be put in the support group also), but as shown on the C4 program they can say anything they want because they will never suffer for there actions (I wont say mistakes because that is when you do something wrong and know its wrong, they do this willingly) :evil: In other words, never let your guard down, always be prepared (horrible i know :-? )
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby Jo43 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm

When I went in February the lady dr was really direct to start with but as it went on she changed and became much warmer. She asked if I wanted the medical but advised that it might make me feel worse so I declined. She said decision wasn't down to her and would be go to a decision maker.
Wasn't until I got to the job centre last month that she told that I'd been put on a 6 monthly review and to expect the forms and another assessment and that they should have told me at the assessment that I would be put on a this review.
I've arthritis in lower spine and hips, Fibro, underactive thyroid, IBS and problems with bladder due to hysterectomy last Oct, been ill for 6 years but off work for 2 years yet they seem to think it's all going to clear up in 6 months????? :evil:
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I still can't understand why the assessor decided not to go ahead with the physical tests. Yes I was in pain and a little tearfull too but at no time did I suggest that I was unwilling or unable to go ahead with that part of the assesment.

Obviously I know that the assessment goes on discriptors and assessed points for each discriptor, maybe he knew that I had scored sufficient points.

Like I said, I will be very dubious untill I get the letter through from the decision maker :yikes: :yikes:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits