[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The end of DLA

The end of DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The end of DLA

Postby jip » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi....Have i miss understood the information available on the demise of DLA.......I cant understand why theres not .riots over it....does some-one know some thing i dont?

from what iv read...variouse DWP briefings....DLA ENDS Oct.next year....money will stop...cars will go back...finished...Then we can apply
for the new PIP allowance which they are saying will be practically impossible to get...at least first off...maybe on appeal...but we talking weeks and weeks without money for care or transport....

i at first thought people would be transfered over but the opinion is no...it is ending and EVERYONE will have to re-apply from scratch....Does everyone know this and dont care or is it a well kept secret?

jip
jip
UKFM Member

Re: The end of DLA

Postby linedancer99 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm

OMG I hope not. I have just looked on the following website, and found the piece I have pasted below. Seems we will not be automatically transferred but asked to apply for PIP.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability ... e-payment/

When will PIP be introduced
New claims

April 2013 – Personal Independence Payment will be introduced for new claims in Merseyside, North West England, Cumbria, Cheshire and North East England. During this period new claimants in all other parts of the country will continue to claim Disability Living Allowance as now.
June 2013 – new claims for Personal Independence Payment will be taken from all parts of the country.

Existing claimants

There is no automatic transfer from Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to Personal Independence Payment. Between October 2013 and March 2016 we will write to claimants already getting DLA to invite them to make a claim for Personal Independence Payment. They will be individually assessed against the new entitlement criteria

It also says that they will take advice from healthcare workers and other professionals who work with us.

Hugs Ann
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:56 pm

I`ve been trying to find out how the retired will fair in all this too and no one seems to know. We are easy targets though aren`t we, thats why this government has managed to shave 9 million I think it off the benefits budget without even a whimper from anywhere but when you look at who they are saying are fit to work its no surprise is it as they can`t get that right either can they ?
They seem to be able to get away with anything they want !!!!
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm

I've moved the topic into here as it's a more relevant part of the forum for what is being discussed.

Rather than being moved over onto PIP from DLA, it's looking more likely that it will be a migration process like it was for IB onto ESA. So when a claim is up for renewal, the appropriate forms will be sent out.

However, as we all know, things can change in the blink of an eye, so until it gets to roll~out day, anything could happen :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jip » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi... i understand you moving my post...but i did think it through before i posted and wanted the majority of people to see it..I know you might be worried of scare mongering but its a little late in the day for that...this is happening...the new pip wont be for pensioners not next year...and if you are talking migration...well we have all now seen what ATOS agenda is last week on panararma the channel 4's program.

The ethos is for the individual to look after themselves....not for society to take the responsibility....when we all wake up to this we will understand why the disabled and unemployed are being scape goated and then targetted.....

Its just logical isnt it ...attack the weakest!!!!

I despair that this is happening ...but it is and everyone is keeping quite about it???

jip
jip
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 pm

The post will be seen by everyone, as as soon as someone clicks on the title it will take them into here so I have removed the unnecessary post telling everyone it had been moved!!!

The arrangements for PIP have already been approved and no amount of rioting is going to change that, ATOS have been awarded the majority contract for implementing it with capita being awarded Wales and some other areas. (ATOS and Capita are both useless) Capita are known generally with an r after the c

The amount of media coverage that has labelled the disabled as money grabbing spongers has led to there being little support from the general public and so all we can do is to keep applying and appealing etc, I live in one of the areas that are planned to have this benefit forced upon us first its not that people are keeping quiet about the benefit, its more that even DWP staff dont want to implement it but its now law :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Jip, when we move a topic, it is done so that it will hopefully receive the maximum views and replies it can.

Posting something about a benefit in one of the busiest boards on the forum will mean that it drops down the active topics much faster than it would in a more suitable part. The quicker it drops down the lists of topics, the fewer number of people will read and reply to it.

Not sure what experiences you've had with forums previously, on here tho we tend to do things in a way that suits most of the members on here.

If you have any suggestions about how we can do something that you think may help us as well as the rest of the members, please let us know.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jip » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi.....sorry I don't understand the title on the living with arthritis forum has gone so how can people click on it and be re directed?

There are daily loads of posts on there concerning DLA so why relocate mine?

My car comes up for renewal next April...I have spoken to mutability as to why they have very little info in their mag about it...they say they are even in the dark about things....but the way they understand it they'll have a lot of cars comming back,,I don't know what to do....don't want to have a new car then have to get rid after 6months......But why isn't it being published more....It's got to be put out there more

Jip
jip
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:34 pm

We move any topic that needs it when we see it. If a topic is old and inactive it won't be moved as it's relevant to current postings. As all the mods are FMers too, things do get missed, which may be why you have found some on similar subjects.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jip » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:42 pm

hi..ok...IT just seems that there is loads of people wondering why there having problems getting DLA at the moment and really shocked at not getting ESA or being put in wrong group etc etc. and the probable answer seems a little obviouse and should be out there...I think you all do a great job...and I understand the fibro fog only to well,,,!!!

Jip
jip
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

But we personally cant do anything about it, I know things are confusing and very difficult at the moment, we are all in the same boat. It doesnt matter that the title has been moved from the living with fibromyalgia board, a ghost copy is left so if people click on view new posts they will see yours and be able to read it. As you say a lot of people are posting about DLA, some when read are more about the way they are feeling and so dont always get moved into here, but this is the most appropriate place for this one

Have you tried writing to your local MP, maybe they will have information about PIP :dunno: :dunno: Its something I think I might do just to try to get something concrete (if there is anything)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm

For what i understand its goes like this...

People already in receipt of DLA will be given the PIP forms on renewal.

All new applicants from june 2013 will be given the PIP

All new applicants & renewals up north will start april 2013

People on indefinate rewards will be the last to be called up. This will be for a medical/assessment

All new PIP applicants/renewals will go for medicals (unless they go by ESA?)

Its the ESA reborn IMO!

2 rates of pay enhanced & standered

Its in DLA terms middle & high rates so people on the lower rates may not go through :evil:

There saying for enhanced mobility unless your wheelchair bound 24/7 no one will get the higher rate!

Im sure time will tell but i feel it gonna be another up roar! and if this is the case then yes many people will be returning there cars and people on indefinate are also at risk!

Doing your reasearch like the ESA is a must. Im sure like the ESA we will see how difficault the systen has become and looks like i'll be one of the first as my renewal is up sept 2013 meaning i get my forms in june which is when the PIP starts! :pull-hair:

I dont think people will make a noise until the process starts

Yet again it based on a points system :evil:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jip » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 am

Hi thanks Lisa that is very precise...I'm one of those who was given it for life but then they changed it to indefinite????......I have been researchIng but information seems to change daily??.......I won't be claiming again

When I claimed there was a clause 3iii.....can walk but exertion detrimental to health.....this no longer exists so there you go...

As for ESA when the envelope arrives I don't know can't see the point of the agro.....if I get it my hubbys WTC will go cos I'm one of the pre 1995 tax free IBs....

So we are probably going to sell our house to try and make ends meet....no pension....Suppose we could live in an MPs 2nd home if they not using it?

I know over 65s and under16s not being affected first off...So that's some hope of decencie.....

Thanks again
Jip
jip
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Thats so sad Jip what you get given with one hand is taken away with the other, I hope you dont lose any of your benefits :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits