Blimey!!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blimey!!!!

Postby Cybermum » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:51 pm

I received a letter today regarding my appeal. I had already written to them explaining that I would not be able to attend. 1. Because I would still need to go on public transport which I am unable to do as the nearest place for the appeal was about 20 miles away and 2. My anxieties, stress etc would not literally let me go and that I became quite ill just thinking about attending.

But I did add a letter explaining why I think my appeal should be taken seriously ie: the DLA went from a report my GP surgery wrote BEFORE my diagnosis and they also got the main GP at the surgery to do the report, but I don't see him so on 2 of the questions they asked he had wrote 'I don't know'.

Also that they had not even wrote to my consultant Rheumatologist who was the one who diagnosed me.
So obviously I didn't know when the appeal would be happening, just that it now would without me being there.
Well got a letter today.

They have overthrown the DLA decision and I am entitled to some DLA :-D .
Granted, the decision was that I would just receive the lower care component and no mobility compenent, but you know what? I can live with that. I finally feel like someone has taken me seriously and that Fibro DOES exist.
I didn't even have a physical, they just went by my records etc.
And they put that it was from March 2012, so does that mean they have to back date to when I applied?

Of course, the letter does warn you that although they made the decision, getting DLA to cough up is another thing and has nothing to do with them.
So does that mean I may still have a fight on my hands? Flippin hope not. All this exhausts me.
But was a nice surprise to read that letter this morning.

Jo
x
Last edited by denys on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: paragraphs smaller
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Re: Blimey!!!!

Postby denys » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Thats strange I thought that if you were successful at appeal then the DWP are obliged to implement the decision, has something changed????

But even so :welldone: :woot: :woot: a result and I also thought they backdated your money to the start of your claim but dont take my word for it :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby rickysmrs » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Well Done xx it gets back dated from to your initial application date. :-D
rickysmrs
UKFM Member

Postby teresa67 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 pm

:-D it would assume to me that the letter is stating you are entitled to DLA and it is back dated to march 12th, that great you can try and relax now xx
teresa67
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Cybermum? No DELETIONS please, and Hey nice results :)

Had a nice time myself, my new doctor does something amazing that my previous did not, SHE LISTENS, and took under advisement my suggestions O_O, so now i'm on a trial corse of tramadol :D and off the crummy co-codemol :P :-P
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:44 pm

hi glad you have had some good news, it gives others hope

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Cybermum » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks everyone. Anyone have any idea how long it takes now to start receiving payments? And my backdated? Just wondering as we would like to use the backdated for my kids over these summer holidays. Lol
Thanks again

Jo
X
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:29 am

Took about a week for mine, give the DWP a ring and ask :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Cybermum » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks. Though unfortunately I'm also useless at making phone calls and get in a state about making them. Looks like I'll have to wait and see. Lol

Jo
X
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Is there a friend or relative who could call on your behalf??? If you were sat with them, DWP could speak to you just to verify that you are you and that it's OK for them to talk to your friend/relative to answer your questions. Better than waiting for a letter and having to keep checking your bank account to see if it has been deposited yet.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits