[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA, Tax Credits & Childcare...

DLA, Tax Credits & Childcare...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA, Tax Credits & Childcare...

Postby darkcyde » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey all

We went to our local HMRC office today to call the Tax Credits office from there (costs a fortune on hold otherwise) to tell them about my recent DLA decision and the fact that we have found a childminder for our twins for when my wife returns to work in 2 weeks time.

The first response was that we wouldn't get any extra Tax Credits for childcare - my wife asked why and the bloke said that to qualify both parties must be working at least 16 hours a week.

My wife put me on the line and I explained that I have DLA and am classed as incapacitated. He again said no, you have to be working 16 hours AND be incapacitated to get Childcare element with DLA!

????

I said hang on a second.....I'm incapacitated, signed off sick, I cannot take care of myself, but you are saying I don't qualify for Childcare tax credits?? He went quiet for a moment then asked me to hold while he queried it. After a short while he came back again saying no, so I pushed it again saying that I am incapacitated, I cannot work 16 hours a week, your website states that if I get a qualifying benefit (DLA) that is my qualification for childcare tax credits.

He asked me to hold again, and was gone quite a while.....then came back and said he has updated the system with my DLA information that I am incapacitated in terms of childcare and they would cover 70% of our childcare costs.

Now, should I REALLY have to tell the so called people in the know THREE times that I qualify for something before they agree? This is crazy....what if I had just accepted what he told me first....they would be doing me out of money that I am entitled to!

What the hell is going on with the government at the moment?!?!?!?!?

I got all worked up, my wife was in tears.....all because they don't know what they are doing!!
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Re: DLA, Tax Credits & Childcare...

Postby Ria Landon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:25 pm

That's disgusting, beggars belief. Just seems to get worse. To them you're just another person on the end of the phone, doesn't make any difference to their life what happens to you. But for you it is the health and well being of you and your family. I do wish they would value and respect people as they deserve.

Well done you for sticking to your guns and not taking no for an answer. A great example of making sure you're prepared before phoning them.
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 pm

"I got all worked up, my wife was in tears.....all because they don't know what they are doing!!"

Unfortunately they ALL TO WELL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING, they are doing what they are TOLD, deny everything until you beg for your rights to be heard (and for them to read they rules they have set out!)

Every penny helps (what commercial was that from ???)

This Government makes me sick, far worse than the fibro and bipolar does :(
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

Glad you got it sorted Darkcyde, even if it took a bit of doing at least you and your wife have 1 less problem to deal with on her return to work
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby darkcyde » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:27 am

im just so sick and tired of all this crap!

sitting in the mental health teams waiting room right now waiting for my Psychiatrist appointment where im expecting to be told im bipolar too!
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am

:fingerscrossed: you dont, but :goodluck1: anyway :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Well, we have the childminder sorted with her OFSTED exception for her taking 2 under 1 year olds (twins) and she is having them twice a week starting on this tuesday.

So, now we need to go back into HMRC office to call Tax Credits lot again as we couldn't officially inform them of the childminding arrangement as when we last spoke to them it was more than 7 days in advance.

I'm half expecting them to come back with their original argument that we don't qualify for Childcare Element of Tax Credits. As it's stands even at them paying 70% we still need to find £150 a month to pay towards it, which is a lot out of my wifes £190 a week earnings! But if she doesn't work we loose working tax credits!!
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Its all swings and round-a-bouts darkcyde so hard to balance everything out :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits