Tribunal in 3wks-CAB let me down

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tribunal in 3wks-CAB let me down

Postby sadoldbid » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Would appreciate any advice about putting a case together for tribunal. I appealed against DWP decision that I am fit for work last December and started looking for a representative to help with my case. It was May before CAB said they would represent me and they sent off for my Medical Notes. 2 weeks ago my representative phoned and asked me see her this week. They can no longer hepl me as no further evidence was found in my notes. Funding seemed to be an issue as well.

Now I am on my own and knowing this doesn't help my chances of winning my appeal, does any one have any suggestions as to my best way forward as I am at a loss?

Thanks in advance for any help, Jill :wave:
sadoldbid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Tribunal in 3wks-CAB let me down

Postby mazbck » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:23 pm

HAve you tried your local council, I know ours here in Falkirk help with appeals etc, as they have just helped my hubby win DLA. It should be under Welfare Benefits.

Hope you get help xx
mazbck
UKFM Newbie

Postby chrisgoneferal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:29 pm

I am sorry CAB let you down sometimes they are rubbish anyway on the day so you may not be worse off.

Try looking at welfare rights agencies and advocacy services for help write to the tribunal and explain that if you are without representation you will need extra time as you will be stressed and exhausted..are you in any sort of union?

Does your home contents insurance have legal cover included you may get help/advice from them if it does.

Good Luck

Chris
chrisgoneferal
UKFM Member

Postby TeeferTiger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:31 pm

I would say take someone you know in with you, someone who knows about how you get on in daily life. But don't be scared of the tribunal either. The 3 I've seen were all lovely. Apart from one woman who looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp, but I doubt you'll get her :-D

Oh, and they'll ask you a lot probably about how you walk places, what you have to do if you need the toilet so make sure you know distances and how long things take you to do. It's depressing reciting everything you CAN'T do, but you need to emphasise all that for them.

Good luck xx
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby sadoldbid » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Thanks for everyone's advice; I'll look into Welfare Rights and asking about more time from the tribunal court. My friend of twenty-odd years is coming with me but I think I need to send something in writing before I go. It feels like 'David and Goliath' at the moment, I just need to find a big stone.....

Thanks again, :-)
sadoldbid
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:32 am

These things take so much out of people even before you get there so :fingerscrossed: that stone will be there waiting for you. We are all willing you on so :goodluck1: some gentle :hugs: :hugs: to help you on the day
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits