ESA/DWP SENDING ME STIR CRAZY!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA/DWP SENDING ME STIR CRAZY!!!

Postby Jo43 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

I am sure the tax office are trying to send me even crazier than I am. :crazy: Talk about confusing! :crazy: I just got my ESA letter and my husband read it too and agreed that there are two sentences that totally contradict one another, leaving us overly suspicious people of the tax man feeling as if it's a catch.

:nono: It says "We have decided you have or can be treated as having limited capability for work. This means your award of Employment Support Allowance or National Insurance credits will continue." :lol: Great I thought! :lol: We read this as I have met ESA criteria and my benefits will continue.

:-P Then directly underneath the above sentence there is a box which has been ticked saying 'Work Related Activity Group' where it says "It has been determined you do not have or cannot be treated as having limited capability for work related activity and you have been placed in the work related activity group." :-? To me that sentence says I have not been determined to have limited capability for work related activity which totally contradicts the sentence above however I have been put in work related activity group which I have been in since Feb 2012, prior to that I was in the Support Group. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Being completely confused by this wording I rang them and they confirmed I have been awarded ESA and been put in Work Related activity group. :crazy: :lol: :crazy: So why they say I can be treated as having limited capability for work and then say I have not been determined to have limited capability for work I just don't understand. :evil: Is it me,?

Am I being thick or do these two sentence contractict one another???!!!! :shock: When I asked the chap at the tax office for his name he said Adam. I asked for his surname and was told they cannot give surnames but he is from the Bristol call centre and is the only Adam there. Talk about cagey!!!!!!! Why can't they give out their full names? Is that so they can't be held responsible? :evil: :evil: :evil: :nono: :nono: :nono: Typical! Can't write a straight talking sentence and then can't confirm it reliably. No wonder we are all going stir crazy! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Last edited by denys on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken paragraphs down to make it easier to read
Jo43
UKFM Member

Re: ESA/DWP SENDING ME STIR CRAZY!!!

Postby TeeferTiger » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 pm

No... you're not the only one. I told them on the phone earlier that they're really starting to grind me down and I just don't understand what's going on.
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

....sytem failure...once claim started there is no apprent sytem update for any change of circumstances either..range twice with two..no updating..phoned back on both ..one nothing done..will ring me back tomorrow...other..no record of me informing them despite my phone bill with another hefty 0845 call charge), and now need to send a form out ..which they never said in the first place..i asked to file complain..they sadi "ok,bye" and hung up :) ...another well thought out sytem that falls at the first!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby alikat1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:02 pm

How frustrating!

Personally, I would be making an appointment with CAB or your local disability rights group for assistance. The buggers.
alikat1
UKFM Member

Postby TeeferTiger » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:43 pm

I got the CAB involved... couldn't get hold of them either! DWP are now trying to sort my issues out as even they don't know what's going on (I'm not surprised by this in the slightest) and a lady from one of the offices told me I should make a complaint as it's been going on too long :shock:
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Makes you wonder who the really "sick ones" are, us or THEM, lol !!!!!! What is going on with them?? Its sooooo ridiculous. If THEY dont know what theyre doing, how are WE supposed to??? Its an absolute joke.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits