[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another Assesment Form After Winning Appeal?

Another Assesment Form After Winning Appeal?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Assesment Form After Winning Appeal?

Postby tashnella » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi
I was diagnosed with fibro in november 2011. I was receiving esa because of fibro and other mental health issues. I was assesed by an atos doctor on the 16th November. I received a phone call saying i was fit for work and i needed to appeal if i didnt think the decision was right. I did appeal and won the decision being given in june of this year. Today i received an atos assesment form today so i assume i will end up going through the whole palaver again. Have they just singled me out or has anyone else been harrassed like me?? I feel totally debilitated and let down by the whole system.
tashnella
UKFM Member

Re: Another Assesment Form After Winning Appeal?

Postby Jo43 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Tashmella, it isn't only you. I put up a topic on here today under title 'DWP/ESA DRIVING ME CRAZY!'. Have they said no outright and not put you into a group or have they put you in the work related activity group as there are now two groups, the work related activity group and the support group. Support group is for severely disabled/terminally ill and you have to be almost dying to get on that now it would seem. I was on this in 2010/11, but got changed to Work Related Activity group in Feb 2012 and been notified today that I'm being kept on this until 30/07/13 when I'll be reassessed. It means you are given help and support to try to get you back into work but they're not forcing you back into work. I was really confused and got sent to the job centre for a meeting (am 43 and up until 2 years ago worked since being 16 and had never been to the job centre before and felt like a lamb to the slaughter!) and my representative explained it's more to give you help to get you out and about and in contact with people because people at home get depressed and their illness spirals, which I do agree with. I think if you're at home with nothing to think about but your illness you focus on it so much it takes over and gets you so down that even your 'good' days are horrific. I am going to try to do some voluntary work, that way I'm not committing to working when I can't or doing things I can't but will have the chance to meet new people and have a bit more of a life. That being said, I went three months ago and not been well enough to look at volunteering since. Still trying to be positive about it though and hoping I will be able to soon. x
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Tashnella, I've split your post off from where you made it, retitled it to something a little more suitable, moved into this part of the form and made it into a topic of it's own. This part of the forum is more suitable for what you're asking about.

If you have a look, I think you'll find some others have had a similar experience to yours, winning their appeal then receiving another ESA50 form not long after their appeal result. I think DWP have said something about it being because they can reassess you at any time during your claim period when someone has asked why they have been sent the form so soon.

If you can, try to get some help with completing this latest form, from somewhere like CAB, Welfare Rights or other similar local organisations. Hopefully it will give you the best chance of it going straight thru with the right decision for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hudson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Hi
I am currently going through exactly the same. I won my appeal in feb of this year and then had a form for another medical sent through, I have my ATOS medical this Friday. And it's making me really Ill and I'm having nightmares about it all. The whole system is wrong... I know people who get it and have nothing wrong with them medically. It makes me very angry. Any advice. Cos if I have to go through an appeal again I don't think I have the strength to do it. I feel it will just push me over the edge.
hudson
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome to the club going thought my second assessment got my home visit on Thursday I am dread it but it will show them that I live in low basement flat with my mam and we do not own a bath just a shower and est. Basic I had appeal wait up to 18 months won in Jan now be reassessment 4 or was it 5 months later these people if i can call them that make me mad :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: they should be going after the fraudster not us I am now house bound thanks to the stress i have been under from the so called work assessment medical test.I now have trouble walking, get out bed, sitting all sort things I am really upset at min. And If i lose again and found fit for work i am not let it rest this time i will be complaining to DWP , Atos est.

But any way nothing new going fight till they get it right and read what my doctors have said. But good luck to everyone :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: for Thursday Blueberry. I'll try to :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: as many as I can for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits