PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN

Postby rosehip » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 am

Hi , i was put in esa work related in april for a year /Well i have had another medical form to fill in only 4 months later ? i am akking for a reconsideration i did this in may and i have not heard a thing since . Iphoned up today to ask about it and she said they were wating for the new medical form to get back to them .Also she said i mite not get any money till they make there mind up . Iwish i had not bothered to ask to go in support group now .It looks like i could lose my work related now as well :shooting:
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN

Postby Itsonlyme! » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 am

As faR as I'm aware you shouldn't lose money, even if they don't move ya to the support group! The date a decision is made they back date it, google DIAL on line, there's a number, ring them, they're brilliant at this kind of thing, I lost my appeal initially for support group but then at my next medical was placed in support group!, you gotta know how to answer the questions properly!, which is wrong I knw but it's true, give as much detail as you can hon and good luck, PM me if you like, more than apply to help you, been fighting for 2 years, ill for 5 so if I can help you I will x x good luck if you decide not to PM me x x
Itsonlyme!
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 am

There is a formular to filling in and answering questions on any benefits application forms, thats why welfare rights workers go on courses to learn how to answer them correctly. Should it be like this? No of course it shouldn`t !!
To have to jump through hoops at a time when normal everyday things take so much out of you just stinks!!
I`m sure DWP employees go on courses for exactly the opposite ...to learn how not to award benefits and when they do to delay them as much as possible !! I`m retired so it doesn`t affect me but I read very few who get what they want straight away. To me the whole system is so confusing. I don`t envy anyone who has to go through the whole maze of the system!! I`m just dreading this new PIP ..DLA replacement I`ve not read anywhere how the retired will fair only for those of working age :-(
Carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 am

Carole, if you are on dla when you retire you will stay on it. There is no transfer to pip for those that have retired :-D ill try and find a link for you to read and post it for you
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby Ria Landon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:17 am

Hi Rosehip

Gosh this makes me angry! So many dfferent people getting different advice. I think you'll find that woman is wrong about your money stopping. The lady who dealt with my claim couldn't have been nicer. My medical assessment came back with zero points and I phoned them up almost hysterical thinking my money would be stopped and not knowing how i would cope. She told me not to worry, my money wouldn't be stopped all the time the claim was being assessed. She said I could apply for a reconsideration and if that didnt work I could appeal. All this would take months she said so there was no need to panic yet. And although i would only be paid the basic esa amount I woud still get paid and it would be back dated.

She also gave me her name and told me to send information to her personally and she would take another look at my claim (reconsideration) which she did and put me in the support group eventually! it all took 9 months and was so stressful but got there in the end. There is no need for them to be so harsh when people phone them. Its bad enough living with this horrid disease without getting ourselves in a state everytime we see a brown envelope through the door or have to ring them. Blinkin eck I used to nearly drop the phone, I was shaking so much. I did manage to stay assertive though. I think we have to put ourselves into the mindset that they have no power over us as much as they might think so. We are claiming benefit that we are rightfully entitled to, not tryng to beat the system and beg for handouts. Ok so I'm getting opinionated again!

Try and stay calm cos getting stressed makes fibro so much worse

Good luck :-D
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 am

...don't want to increase th eworry, but have deal with two esa cases lately...both required a change of circumsatnces,,, you have to ring twice as they cannot deal with more than one claim in a call (20+ miutes wait on 0845 number each time..ta) ...had to ring back after 3 weeks for both...two more calls!!......first one...wait a day they rang back.(which at least they seam to do).sorry we are backlogged with paperwork all sorted now money in bank today/.....result, but it appears with a change in circumsatnce, financial or health there's no link in the system...i.e a clerk typs it in and theres nothing to update or instigate it until you contact (and have to wait for a call back as there's no direct contact) to the deprt that deals with processing at which point they will actually look at it and get buisy!
Call/case 2......no you didnt inform us of the change three weeks ago...so what is you have a phone record to show you did....we need to send you a form out (not what was said in origonal call), it will be with you in a 3 days...still waiting on day 4! ..this was about a chnge to do with care...leaving someone high and dry for weeks when they need to buy in some care urgently!
This sytem stinks on so many levels.....
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby wolfstar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

@ Carole link as mentioned http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/ under heading 'What the change means'
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits