tribunal next tues

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tribunal next tues

Postby fliss » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 pm

can anyone help me by telling me what happens in a tribunal as im so scared and wound up,i dont know what i need to take with me or anything????it doesnt help that im havin a real bad time of it at the minute i cant think straight let alone keep awake,i was officially diagnosed with fibro and m.e last week so heads all over the place :( :( :cry: :cry:
fliss
UKFM Member

Re: tribunal next tues

Postby babajane32 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Definate try and take someone with you, even if its a freind or relative just to observe.....when you get there they explain what will happen when you go in and whats happening as you go along, its not scary when you're there, but if you are struggling tell them. take your copy of documents,but taking anything else is pretty pointless as they are unlikely to accept new evidance without good reason and an adjurnment. They will also only be interested in relevent info/edidence from the date of your initial claim as that is what they are considering,not anyting after that date (unless it makes reference to you at that date). Make sure if there's anything you think they may not understand or have info about that you tell them..write a list if needs be..you will have opportunity to speek about anything you are concerned about when they have been thorugh any questions they may have. Do not over emphasise anything..keep it fair..if you're on a good or bad day that day tell them, but don't try and push your worse day as being everyday unless it is...they will very much take the view if blagging one thing then you'll likely be blagging everything ,but dont be afraid to tell them how it is.
hope this helps a bit and good luck!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Don't tell them "Oh its much worse now" as they are investigating the time your medical was taken, not now, so if you say you had gotten much worse, they will think the original assessment was correct. I fell for this one, and was told by my local law centre about this little trick they use.
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

hi fliss, just to say hope all gose well for you.

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:19 pm

well i gotto tribunal and they adjourned it due to conflicting evidence from dwp dla doc medical and esa medical,so now i have to wait for them to get my medical notes xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits