[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby linedancer99 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 am

Hi,
I am just wondering if there is any good news about benefits. I have had incapacity for some years now, also DLA. I know that I will, at some point, have to be re assessed for both of these. Has anyone got any good news about benefits, it all seems doom and gloom at the moment and it is starting to worry me more and more that I will lose mine and everything is hopeless. I have a motability car and a blue badge and am scared that I am going to lose them. surely some of you have won your cases. :-D
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Re: Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am

There are claims that go straight thru, unfortunately news about them gets lost in the news about the ones that have been refused or awarded something at a lower rate etc.

I know it comes across as being more doom and gloom wrt to benefits, but there are the bits of brightness in there, they just need a bit more hunting out.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TeeferTiger » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

I won my ESA tribunal! Fair enough they shafted me afterwards and it got taken off me again because I'd been on it 365 days, but I still won! lol
TeeferTiger
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

Fluffy, LOVE THAT NOSE <3 :crazy:
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby bluesheep » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 am

My ESA was very straight forward. I went for medical for which taxis were provided there and back after a debate with them, I said I couldn't get there and they told me a route involving bus and train to which I asked if they knew how to get a wheeelchair down a flight of stairs at my local underground station? The guy went quiet on the other end of the phone then said I didn't know you were in a wheelchair and arranged transport for me, which shows they are not reading the forms we are filling in.

When I got to the medical I saw a nurse who having watched me strugggle to get medication out of my bag didn't put me through the medical assesment and about 5/6 weeks later the letter came through saying I was in the not able to work group. That was end of last year beging of this year and so far not been called back for reassesment, I cried when within days of reciving it I got a letter from pensions people saying if I got a letter from my GP to back up the decision of will never be able to return to work they would start paying my pension. I have choosen not to do that as I'm only 38 and the thought of never working again is too much to cope with right now.

But my DLA which I applied for about six years ago was a different story I had to go to tribunal to get it.

But I do have a lot of medical problems other than just fibro so maybe thats why it was so straight forward for me.
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby Jo43 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi, I got DLA higher rate mobility and low rate care first year and second no problems. When in assessment meeting they asked if I would under take the medical baring in mind it might make me feel worse, so I declined. It didn't go against me. Although I have limited mobility due to stiffness etc, I can do things because I make myself, but always in constant pain and it causes flare ups, so I would have probably been able to do what they asked of me, but would have been in considerable pain throughout and at home after for days so she said it was up to me so I said no. I fell ill 6 yrs ago but worked first 4 yrs and after I collapsed and things got really bad 2 years ago I applied and first year I got ESA with support group, then in Feb got sent a form and got ESA with work related activity group. Didn't know what the difference was as not clued up as only just been diagnosed with FM and was claimed for many other medical issues and wasn't on forums so had no idea (and to be quite honest, still not that sure) of what was what. Went to meeting at job centre (never been to job centre at age of 43 having worked since being 16) and a lovely advisor explained that work related activity group means they give you support with your disability and help to get you back into a work environment, maybe volunteering even, as they've learned that people suffer mental illnesses if left at home. She said I'd been put on a 6 mth review and they should have told me about that, but I didn't know I was. My carer and i laughed and she said she was surprised given what I explained to her and she said to ask my GP about FM as it sounded a lot like that. She also thought I was getting too low a rate of carer allowance, but she's DLA not ESA so didn't have a say and I don't have the energy to fight it. Anyway I thought it was good to help people into volunteering as I have become depressed and have low self esteem since having to give up my dream job and was quite up for it, but that was 2/3 mths ago and been too ill to go yet, but hoping to. Anyway, as she said I would I got sent another ESA form 6 mths from the date of the Feb form and got reply back that staying in the work related activity group with review in 12 months. I'd love to get back into work so hope I can but know it'll not be soon, but not giving up hope. I've been lucky I think as in everyone I've dealt with has been really nice. Make sure you put down everything you've got and everything you've done to try to get well. I've spent a fortune inc paying privately (no insurance) for scans, physio for 12 months, chiro for 6 mths, cranial osteopath for 6 mths, acupuncture, podiatrist, one one one pilates, aquaerobics for people with illnesses, operations etc etc and had asked to be sent back to pain clinic as hadn't been for 3 yrs and felt like I'd just been put on scrap heap and I think that given I'd done so much to try to get back to health and work they took that positively. You've really got to make sure you put everything down on your forms. Some people have had good results from using DIAL. They have advisors tohelp you complete the forms etc. but i only learned about it after I'd done mine, typical!!!! The number is on the internet. Good luck. :-D
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby jds1969 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello, I have recently applied for DLA and also a blue badge. So far I have had a phone call about my mobility from DLA who said that they would be getting in touch with my hospital consultant and my family Dr. I had to speak to my Dr today about my dosage of Pregabelin and told him of my applications to DLA and blue badge and he said that when they contact him he would tell them about my decreasing mobility which I felt was very positive, so now its just a case of waiting with my fingers crossed :!:
jds1969
UKFM Member

Postby linedancer99 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for all your comments, I didn't realise you could still apply for DLA I thought any new applications were for PIP. I am already getting high rate mobility and middle rate care on DLA and am dreading an assesment for the new PIP as the rules seem so different.

I don't seem to be as bad as some people on here, but can't do too much without hurting or being really tired. I am still able to go linedancing, although it hurts to do, and I am sure this will not go down in my favour. Although the DLA are fine with it.

I will have to try not to panic too much as it could be a year or two before I get called in. I am on indefinate and have read that indefinates are the last to be assessed. :crazy:

I am also on incapacity and was under the impression that would not be changed over to ESA, but have read somewhere that in time this will happen as well.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:45 pm

A lot of us have gone thru, or are in the process of, or waiting to hear when we will have to go thru the migration process from IB to ESA :-? :-? I had the delights of it last year and was very lucky compared to a lot of people as I only needed to go as far as the reconsideration stage when I appealed my decision.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:07 pm

PIP hasnt started yet its due to be implemented in certain areas (mine is one of the first) in spring 2013 :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby anonymouse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 pm

DLA - Higher rate mobility, lower rate care. Took two and a half years.
ESA - Support group. Took three years.

Hope that helps!
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:43 pm

ine dancer,

i don;t want to turn this inwards so we aregue amongst ourselves - but,

how have you managed to get hrm, mrc if you can line dance??????????????????

surely if not having to walk without being in pain, it requires you to more or less stand on the spot and take small steps forwards/sideways etc.

i don;t know if it is that they are just stricter these days but over the last couple of years in my experience, if you can put one foot in front of the other so to speak you are not given mobility.

and it seems immpossible to to proove or say but you are in extreme pain and discomfort.

i have been fighting for 2 years on my first application and upper tier have now overruled first decision and said it can go to tribunal again......

so fingers crossed.

and when i renewed earlier this year was still another big fat NO - LRC only.

:dunno: :dunno:

take care.
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby Mrswalker74 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi there, I was refused DLA and lost at my appeal.(I have Fibro and ostioarthritis) While process was horrific. I did manage to get my Blue badge though, but only through a doctors report. Also found the woman at the Rights Office was rather un-helpful. Anyone who has any advice on re-claiming would be fantastic! :) It's actually getting to the point where I'm too drained by it all to attempt it again :(
Mrswalker74
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 pm

i know what you mean about losing the fight in you thats how i feel.

the first one that is at upper tier - i am just letting it run its course.

the renewal i just asked for appeal straight away so i could see medical report really. oh sent a letter dissing the report but i have lossed the will to go skipping to the doormap every mornign now to see if a brown envelope has brought me that gold medal of hrm.

(sorry just been reading about paralympics).

:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby Mrswalker74 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:43 pm

That's how it gets tho, eh? Loved the pun regarding Olympics! :)
Mrswalker74
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits