Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Postby wolfstar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 am

Starting next year they are going to star transfering dla over to pip (my next one is 2014,hrm & hrc after appeal atm) and even though i'm in a wheelchair/scooter outside and helped with bathing i think i may only just scrape through and get there 2 top rates.

its looking like if you can walk a little and take care of your personal hygine to a degree then you will either get both low rate catergories in pip or none at all.

As was mentioned in a previous post they are it seems, already tightening up on dla ready for next year as you can see with my situation earlier this year.I dont want to appear nasty or rude but i would just like to be able to walk arround let alone dancing and as can be seen i had to appeal to get my award reinstated.
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby linedancer99 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi again.

I am a bit upset by some comments about my post. :cry:

I would just like to say that I am in pain when I dance, I don't do all the steps or indeed all the dances. It is a part of my social life, Ihave been doing it since 1996.

I dla are fully aware that I am unable to walk very far without being in pain, also that I dance while in pain. I dont know what else to tell you all.

I am now sitting here thinking about comments made. :cry:
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

linedancer99 wrote:Hi again.

I am a bit upset by some comments about my post. :cry:

I would just like to say that I am in pain when I dance, I don't do all the steps or indeed all the dances. It is a part of my social life, Ihave been doing it since 1996.

I dla are fully aware that I am unable to walk very far without being in pain, also that I dance while in pain. I dont know what else to tell you all.

I am now sitting here thinking about comments made. :cry:

You dont have to justify yourself, the comments made were not that of harm but mearly discussing how tight the DLA have become especially for the new applicants.

There is a bit on the DLA forms that ask about hobbies/interests and activities and how it effects your health and what assistants if you need any to be able to do these.

People can also work full time and claim dla. I know of one person who is on MRC/LRM and works 40hrs a week! As DLA goes on your worst days as well as what mobility and care needs needed throughout the day.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Please dont get offended as Lisa says you go through the process and if you are deemed affected enough you qualify, it is hard to get it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gaia » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:34 pm

isitme wrote:ine dancer,

i don;t want to turn this inwards so we aregue amongst ourselves - but,

how have you managed to get hrm, mrc if you can line dance??????????????????

surely if not having to walk without being in pain, it requires you to more or less stand on the spot and take small steps forwards/sideways etc.

I'm sorry but I also agree with "isitme" and to be frank, it is people who claim disability benefits but can still appear "normal" and move around well enough who are giving us ALL a bad name :roll:

One of my cousins lost the lower half of his left leg in Afghanistan in 2010, yet does not get DLA because he can walk up to 20 feet on his prosthetic leg - even though he needs to use crutches as well :evil:

If you can line-dance, even with some pain, then personally I don't feel you should be getting DLA at all :roll:
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby linedancer99 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Well thank you for your support, not. :(

I claimed my benefit through the proper channels and was awarded it. I can't see how that will gives us all a bad name. I thought we all looked normal??

I am so cross again now I don't think I will bother here anymore, I thought we were supposed to support each other!!
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Has anyone won their esa, dla or pip beneift

Postby pinky1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

linedancer99 wrote:Well thank you for your support, not. :(

I claimed my benefit through the proper channels and was awarded it. I can't see how that will gives us all a bad name. I thought we all looked normal??

I am so cross again now I don't think I will bother here anymore, I thought we were supposed to support each other!!

Hugs I think the first couple of posts about you line dancing were just talking about how strict they can be.
I think the last post was rather bitter and unfair. Don't rise to it. I'm on indefinite DLA for a mental illness. I look normal too :-)
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby linedancer99 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:07 am

Thank you pinky1, and everyone else who has been supportive. I have felt quite ill after the latest reply. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am seriously thinking it is not worth posting anymore. :( I only came on to ask a question and thought I would have a quick peek at my previous posts. I never did ask my question.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

I'm locking this topic as it is starting to go round in circles and insulting each other will not help anyone. Linedancer I hope you decide to stay and post your question, nobody on here can say who is entitled to a benefit and who isn't as none of us have access to the relevant information nor do most of us have the necessary training. So just because someone looks normal doesn't mean they don't need and deserve the benefit they have been awarded.

If anyone has any problems with anything that has been written throughout this topic please contact a moderator (any one) and a member of the team will look into the complaint
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits