fibromyalgia

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibromyalgia

Postby paul1964 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 pm

i have recently been diagnosed with fybromyalgia.

i applied for dla sent reports from the hospital listing the way it is affecting me and my symptoms which i have had for over 10 years i was prescribed gabapentin which i am now on 900mg a day they done blood tests on me and have recently received a letter from the hospital saying i had a vitamin D deficiency because of enlarged red blood cells they have given me a 8 week course of 2x8000mg vitamin D then doctor has to prescribe them for me for life i got a letter from the DLA refusing me i have sent an appeal and just waiting to hear from them please could you advise if i get refused again thank you. :(
paul1964
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibromyalgia

Postby fliss » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 pm

keep applyin and appealin,i too hav been refused dla even though atos put me into esa support group stating that i wud never work again i hav my tribunal on tues next week,i hav been told if they refuse me at this to reapply and keep reapplyin xx hope they grant u some,its very hard to get is dla,im diagnosed with fibro,m.e,cps,cfs,hypermobility,i wont bother u with the rest of my illnesses,i hav to use a wheelchair when ever i go out i cannot walk far but can almost manage our bungalow walkin but im unable to do housework or any normal little things we do,i struggle making even sandwiches so my advice is just keep trying xxxhugs to u xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Re: fibromyalgia

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi Paul & :welcome:

You can either go to a tribunal or wait 3 months and re apply.

Either way collect evidance and info on reasons why they turned you down and go from there

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits