confused!!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused!!!!

Postby djclall » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 pm

hi all fibro's :wave: :wave: :wave:

bit of advice needed please

i filled in my application for renewal of DLA and sent it off. well ysterday i had 2 letters. one sayong tht they have received it on the 18th aug and the other one dated 22 aug. the later one was their desicion. i was on H/M and H/C for trhe past year. this time around they have awarded me H/M and M/C. well this haqs confused me totally. (believe me, that is not hard to do. lol). well since my 1st claom i have had to have more people in ie; carers to wash hair and other things i caan't reach. and also tho assist getting in and out of bath. (very degrading). i have very good friends and a wonderful sister in law who do my housework on a weekly basis.

my neighbour and very good friend who does everthing thats mneeded and always takes me to medical appointments has just been awarded carers allowance. could this be something to do with the decision to award me M/C??.

i have recently bought a mobility scooter, but even though it has given some independance back, i am petrified of going all by myself. i always have to have someone with me even if its one of ny kids. ages 5 9 and 17. its normally the 9yr ols one that volunteers.

so back to original question. what should i do??. i ahve an O/T home vist next Wednesday. do you think she may be able to help or write a report maybe? i just dont know what to do. as i am worried that if i say or do anything with DLA they may change their mind on their desicion!! :dunno: :dunno: hqs anyone else been in rthis position??. if so how did you approach the subject and what was the final outcome?

soft gentle hugs to all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :wave: :wave:
djclall
UKFM Member

Re: confused!!!!

Postby craftyjo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:09 pm

hi ya hun........ i have been claiming dla and get hight rate on both mobility and care........ i was told higher rate care was only given if u need help during the night....... , im also wheelchair bound after losing use of my right side so hubby has to help me turn in night so i dont get pressure sores and trips to the loo things like that.......... dont know if this will help...... hope u get things sorted

take care and a gentle hug in return.xx

jojo
craftyjo
UKFM Newbie

Postby deborahpovey » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 pm

i was receiving l/m and m/c until july when they made a decision that i was not entitled to any !!!!!!! even then my condition i am at the moment awaiting their decision after my request to look at my claim again. its been 6 weeks and the waiting is killing me and my finances, its horrible even when i have a good day and go for a very slow short walk i keep thinking are they watching me etc.. i have just been talking to my hubby about it saying i dont think i can take it any further the stress and feeling of being in a prison is just too much x sending gentle hugs
deborahpovey
UKFM Member

Postby craftyjo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:23 am

feel for u hun........ the people that really need the help seem to have to fight for every last bit ....... and as we both know with fibro u need every bit of energy just to function each day....... wish i could help more..... sending u positive thoughts and much understanding take care.x
craftyjo
UKFM Newbie

Postby babajane32 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:20 am

H/c requires help at ngiht.Housework doesn't come into any decision.
I can't wash hair etc, need help can't even with help manage bath anymore and was refused anything even on appeal with 5 medical reports.i have a stick so can get up when i fall (yeah right) ..no mobility
They decided Only need help washing hair,gettign thinks in/out oven ,putting meds and tens machine on bak..doesn't equate to enough need for even l/c ...and i wish that was all the help i needed!
If you are thinking of arguing the decision I would definately ask for assitance with that as you could lose benfit rather than gain it.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits