How long to wait ?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How long to wait ?

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:43 am

Hey all

Well busy wait for my decision with my up come reassessment of ESA but it been a while since my last one how long do you think I got wait for so called doctor has to write his report me get my decision from DWP I bet there long backlog :crazy: :crazy: :roll: .... Also I am little worried I should be still get paid right ? god I hope his report is good it show them that I do need be put in support group also wondering is it worth put in for DLA ? :crazy: :crazy:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: How long to wait ?

Postby lolabolla » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:53 am

Hi Blueberry,

You should still get paid at least untill you get the decision.

I phoned DWP last week requesting a copy of the medical assesment which arrived this Wednesday.

There are a few errors on it but obviously I will be pointing these out when I get the decision through.

The chap at DWP advised me that in my area of South Yorksire the decisions take approximately 4 months :yikes:

Don't worry

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby mumstheword1954 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Blue berry. It can take up to 11 weeks, be prepared for it to be refused and for a long fight I've had both ESA and DLA or whatever they call it theses days refused. Even if I were fit to work who would give me a job ? I'm going to fight it all the way no matter how ill I get and no matter how hard a struggle it is . Get someone to help with you if you get refused don't do it on your own. I tried the ESA on my own and lost now I have the backing of a disability group who are helping me and I feel quite hopeful.
mumstheword1954
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:18 am

wow 4 months that long time oh well lest I get payed may forgot to say if some people don't know me I had appeal last time for esa and it took 18 months and won this time I am even worse then before housebound ect so a 4 month wait is shocking :-x :-x oh well if i need to fight again I will gave them even more hell you should see all my doctor reports this time ;-) ;-) ;-) Oh and I only been out hostpial for 5 months now since my gallbladder suergy and i still can't stop using the toilet it like dead rat in there this morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby deborahpovey » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi all Well i waited about 6 weeks and got my decision on Thursday that they are putting me in a work related group which basically means i have a year to find a job. So i now have to find the strength to appeal their decision, from where i dont know its put me on a real downer i am also waiting to hear from dla as they refused me so they are reconsidering their decision. wish i could just curl up in a corner somewere :cry:
deborahpovey
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits