[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pension

Pension

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pension

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 am

So I have to attend a meeting with union rep and regional manager re ill health retirement.

I have already been paid out lump sum but I am appealing for immediate pension.

I feel I am being shafted by former employer and union rep who are refusing to allow the meeting to be held at my home as requested. Having emailed the regional manager twice and still having not received a reply I have decided not to turn up for the meeting to be held at my former office due to my disabilities.

I have written evidence from DWP that I am unable to walk more than 12 metres for goodness sake and that I am unable to do ANY type of work :yikes: along with everything else that goes with Degenerative disc disease with nerve impingement, Sciatica, Fibromyalgia, CFS ME, Depression and anxiety, Hypermobility syndrom, Osteoarthritis, especially worse in hands and ankles, Punicious anemia, Diabetes 2, IBS, High cholestorol and all the associated symptoms that get thrown in to the blend.

From what I have read on various forums it is the pension trustees who should decided if immediate pension should be paid, how can a regional manager decide.

The last email from my union rep was to advise me not to 'rock the boat' and turn up for the meeting as it would be looked on favourably if I did so as to what outcome and what decision would be made. :lol:

Does anyone have any experience in this please and do you think that I should contact the pension trustees directly, has anyone else gone further and spoken to the pension trustees directly.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Pension

Postby ermintrude » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:26 am

Sorry Lola not had any experience with this.

The only suggestion I would make is if you go to the office get someone to go with you, someone you trust and make sure you rest on your way to the office walk what you can then stop and wait till your ready to continue or turn up in a wheelchair. Ultimately youll turn up late for your meeting and make your point.

Probably not much help but I hope you get it all sorted x
ermintrude
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:31 am

Sorry Lola I tried when I was finished up and did not succeed so :fingerscrossed: you get a better outcome than me and in answer to your question you are entitled to contact the trustee's directly :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks Denys

The thing that most infuriates me is that they have ignored my emails.

They were quite happy for occy health (Atos) to conduct medicals over phone and quite happy to use their findings to 'get rid' of me.

Surely forcing me to attend this meeting is against DDA rulings, I feel that they are not afording me any reasonable adjustments.

I should point out that the venue in question is a huge public building where I worked for 14 years. An office where the management have not had the decency to arrange a leaving card for me let alone a parting gift which I would now probably refuse anyway.

I don't want to be subject to the anxiety a meeting here would cause and I can't bring myself to try to be civil to a bunch of backstabbers either. (I'm sure a lot of public secter, government personel can agree with me here)

Thanks for the thumbs up though Denys, I think that I will contact the trustees today.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm

I worked in the private sector and was dealt with appallingly, unfortuantely because I was made redundant I had to see a solicitor to sign off the paper work and was told I had a case for unfair dismissal as they had shared my job out between 3 people but the pay off they were giving me was more than I would have been awarded so was advised to accept the offer and move on.

Difficult for us to do, I found it made me really angry and resentful for about 3 years, its only now that I can talk about it. he company I worked for was then sold and the pensions moved etc so lost the ability to go for a payout :( :( :( :( so fight as much as you can, dont let them beat you down :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

As far as the meeting goes send in all the information again stating you cannot manage to get there etc. send a copy of all your emails etc. to the trustees too along with all your medical info :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks Denys

I will contact union and send email to regional manager yet again stating that I cannot attend and I will also advise that I will be contacting the trustees too.

Great advice as usual.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Sorry Lola, no useful advice from me as I was a very lucky :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: and offered it by my previous employer. I do have some :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for you tho as you try to get a much more appropriate retirement package :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ermintrude » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Just a thought youve been sending emails to them.

Are you able to write a letter or have someone who can write a letter and send it by registered mail to either the bored of trustees or someone??

Its the way customers have to complain. x
ermintrude
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolabolla » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks for your input Ermintrude,

As I used to work for the Royal Mail Group ;-) I always leave a paper trail whether it's by email (save every one) or by post Special Delivery.

I will also be sending the pension trustees a copy of my recent ESA medical ESA85 (by Special Delivery) which states the severity of my conditions.

What's the use of having the union on board (CWU) when they are in league with the bosses it appears :yikes:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:18 am

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks Lu x

You're very inspiring.

After emailing my union rep yesterday you would have thought that she would have replied or phoned me at least to check how I am..............but no! pathetic waste of union subs! :nono:

I truly believe that my former employer and union are in bed together :yikes: I also believe that they are just trying to do everything on the cheap to save the company money, obviously. But by the time that I have demanded independent medical reports, MRI's etc., which I am entitled too :-D :-D it's going to cost them big time.

Over the past month I have been feeling very anxious but do you what that since I decided not to attend this meeting I feel GREAT!!!

I also feel so much more in control now too because I've decided not to bother with union representation and I'll do it myself and deal with pension trustees myself.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

good on you lola,

being in control (and not being controlled) is the better position to be
don't let anybody push you out of your center
don't give them a field day

have someone with you when they come to your home (like a second brain) to take notes etc
record the meeting and let them know that you record it (prob. in advance)
have a third person there to open doors, offer tea etc, doing the hospitalities

as always
all the best
lu
:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits