Tribunal - Monday Morning!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tribunal - Monday Morning!

Postby bricheno » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 am

Got my tribunal monday morning - nervous is an understatement !

Any last minute tips would be appreciated :-)

Thanks all... gonna try get some :sleep: now xx
bricheno
UKFM Member

Re: Tribunal - Monday Morning!

Postby denys » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 am

Try to relax stress will only make you poorly, :fingerscrossed: for a good outcome have you got someone going with you :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sals » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

just tell it like it is.

The people at my tribunal were lovely and very understanting. Maybe I just got lucky but they listened and asked questions that I'd already answered in the DLA form.

Denys asks a very good question and if you can take someone with you.

Good luck :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed:
Sals
UKFM Member

Postby bricheno » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Well, that's it done thankfully :-D

Sorry I didn't get chance to respond last night but yes, my hubbie supported me through. I didn't have any help from the CAB etc but I did speak to a really nice woman from Lincoln CAB who gave me some advice as to what to expect.

I got up this morning and really didn't want to go ! I was all for ringing in and saying I wasn't well enough but then I thought, no, I want to put my side across and right all the wrongs in the Atos report. Plus letting them see me and judge by appearance and personality as to whether I'm telling the truth or not.

The panel couldn't have been nicer, I felt very at ease and discussed the mobility side with the doctor, and the caring side with a disabled gentleman - they asked a few questions and clarified a few things - they said they could see that I had extensive evidence. All in all a nerve free experience - they asked my husband a few things at the end and that was it. It wasn't the nightmare scenario I'd built up in my head, but then a lot of things are more scary 'thinking' rather than 'doing'.

Unfortunately they were running over time so said they would have to discuss at lunch time and will write to me with the outcome. Fingers crossed for a positive one but at least I feel like I've said my piece and hopefully they can see that I'm just being honest and open about my conditions.

Results soon..... thanks all :-D

:grouphug: all round x
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Glad it wasnt as bad as you expected and :fingerscrossed: for a good response :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi

Well done for getting through it all. Getting a good panel is half the battle, Its the waiting now jumping (not literally obviously) when the post man comes and then toying with the envelope when it does.

Let us all know how you get on and :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the best possible outcome for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mazz64 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 pm

They seem really nice fingers crossed for you. waiting for my date all so stressful.
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby bricheno » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Postie came today and.... Drum roll please.....

No, do not meet the criteria, what a surprise.

My husband is speechless. So having to help me with getting up, dressing, cooking, stairs, showering, washing hair n areas I can no longer reach, supporting me while walking, picking me up when I fall, etc etc etc apparently means nothing.

Going to ask for their statement of reasons as I can't believe the decision.

I'm speechless!

So now what? Try again? Maybe upper tribunal? Or wait till April when changes come in n try again!

One thing for sure, I'm not giving up as I know I meet that criteria and refuse to be made to feel like we're making it all up!

So angry :evil:
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear your news! that don't sound good for me then :( this is my first tribunal and dreading it.

You keep fighting tho, do they really think we make all this up just to get less than £95 aweek or what ever it is, but i guess it's easier to bash the sick rather than any other group.

I wish you well in what ever you choose to do

Take Care
Mazz
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby bricheno » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks Mazz

Let us know when you get your date - hope you're successful, be nice to hear some good news :-)

Hey ho.... feeling a little flat today, coming down from the stress build up to tribunal.

Trying to keep positive and smiling, but why do they just not listen to us !!
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 pm

hi, sorry that you didnt get what you need and deserve,

you may be flat but you sound like a fighter so keep going untill they do listen i realy feel for all of you going through this farse all the time and wish you all well.

take care and dont let the bu--ers get you down any longer.
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby bricheno » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am

I am a fighter but sometimes it all just feels like you're banging your head against a brick wall and no one wants to know. So pleased to have this forum as I know a lot of you are going through the same - really appreciate all your comments and support.

One day they'll listen to us (hopefully) and it will be one less stress to save our condition flare ups !

Hey ho... Paint on the smile.... and keep going.... :-)
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:23 pm

So sorry it didn't go the way we all had hoped , from what you have said you really start to wonder how anyone manages to get anything. Asking to see the Tribunal papers sounds a good idea . Good luck with future appeals.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Graciebaby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi,
I've just lost my appeal as well. Unfortunately I just wasn't well enough on the day to attend.

My appeal papers contained medical evidence from several consultants and a couple of the reports really spelt it out about my condition and my inability to work or even function properly on a day to day basis. One of the reports even said that despite me being on all the appropriate meds, they were doing very little to improve my severe pain levels and there was nothing else that the docs could do for me!

It makes me so sad when when people say that during the hearing, the panel were so nice and sympathetic and then they hear that they have lost their appeal. I'm starting to understand why people call them the smiling assasins!

I was appealing being in the wrag, as I feel I should be in the support group. Now my 365 days of ESA contributions based money has run out, so I get nothing :(
Were you appealing the same, or appealing to be put in the wrag?

I've been advised by my jobcentre advisor to leave a 3 month gap and make a fresh claim......and then go through the whole ESA Form application and the horrible medical again. Apparently you can do this if you have paid enough NI contributions in the past (I'm assuming that I have)

The whole thing is ghastly, you have my sympathy.
I doubt very much that I would need the considerably large doses of antidepressants that I have to take, if it wasn't for this awful miserable process and the effects it has on our already difficult circumstances.

Hope you have some luck trying to pursue things. I've just posted off a letter asking for a statement of reasons for the Tribunal panel's decision as well.
We should swap notes when we both hear from them about their reasons for their decision!!

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits