wrag help

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wrag help

Postby xXemofairieXx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:22 pm

hi just need some advice
when i applied for esa i didnt have fm symptoms, i applied for because my agoraphobia, failed the medical then couple months later is when the symsptoms of my fm started, i appealed and by the time i had my tribunal it was 2 years later, (this year) but they only could go on what happened at the medical,, i passed but they said that i would be in the wrag coz my mental but should be in the support group coz my fm.

i got letter like 3 weeks ago saying i had to go to the job centre place near me so i went and they reffered me to a place called seetec. the meeting was on the 15th floor so that was scary enough and then they sit me down in a big room ( wheel my grandad was with me so pushed me into the room seen as i was in my wheelchair) and they told me that coz i wouldnt be able to wlk down all 15floors id have to be put on an ambu chair and carried down 15 flightsof stairs by two strangers if there was a fire. way to ease the panic attacks.

i was in a big room with 4 others and they all where on job seekers with the women explain bout how to find a job and and stuff i was fighting tears coz it was jst hard to deal with them telling me all these things bout looking for a job when i no i cant. then we had a one to one meeting and the women asked me questions like what type of job am i looking for. i told her i cant work coz of my health is so bad theres no job i could do. she told me thats k but i might 'feel better' in a month so they are gonna review my health every month see if im ready for work yet.

i was also told to go on a website to do an IT course. Im gd with computers, but i went on it the next day and all i could find was a thing saying this is a mouse, this is a keyboard. so anoying. It was so stressful that i been feeling really bad and couldnt do anything more then lay in bed with the tv on for the last few days. i ave to go to this place every month, just to say yes im still to ill, i dont understand lol. ahh any advice, sorry for the long rant. :( :( :(
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into small paragraphs for easier reading.
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Re: wrag help

Postby Jo43 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was put in support group for my first year and then WRAG and went to Job Centre oblivious as to why. My best friend came with me and I saw a lovely woman. I'd not been diagnosed as FM then and when telling her my symptoms she said it sounded like FM, I was diagnosed with it a month later with FM and arthritis of spine and hips after a 6 yr struggle (have lots of other problems but these are the ones responsible for my mobility issues). She told me that it was just a meeting to see how they could help get me back into work as 'they' realised people who were ill sitting at home just ended up getting depressed and even worse off so this chat was to see how they could help.

I cried and my best friend cried too as it sounded like an answer to my prayers as I'd love to go back to work if I could as miss it so much having had to give up my dream job 2 yrs ago and staying at home 99% of the time in my own four walls with no contact with anyone but the Tesco delivery man and my family drives me mad. But I really cannot imagine an employer letting me come and go as I please dependent on my pain levels, hardly turning up at all and on the rare occasion I am there not actually being able to co-ordinate myself or concentrate due to pain, exhaustion, brain fog and drugs. :sleep: :-?

She said I could be a volunteer if I liked and that was OK to do with no effect on benefits. Was really excited about it as the thought of it is great, :lol: :lol: but it's been about 2 months now and still not been able to do anything about it as been too ill. She said I'd have to go back in 6 months. Just shows the difference in area to area. There seems to be no - sorry can't think of the word - mean when everything is the same across the board, doh! :crazy: :crazy: It's really not fair.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller, clearer paragraphs for easier reading.
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:47 pm

I think continuity might be the word you were looking for Jo. If not, we'll use it anyway as it fits in nicely with the other ones being used :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was initially placed in WRAG and had to attend a meeting while I was waiting for the outcome of my reconsideration/appeal. The basis of my interview was to let me know about what was available re: training, courses etc if I was in a position to consider a return to work at some point in the near future. The advisor I saw had also printed up a lot of info about my various conditions/problems, incl the ones I had been misdx'd with to try and get an idea of how things affect me.

It really does vary from place to place with the approach that is used and info they give out, which is wrong. Consistency is what is needed to make sure everyone gets the right sort of info relating to their particular situation/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby xXemofairieXx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:10 pm

ah so different areas are different. yh its gd to be out the house but it coz ur in the building with lots of others on job seekers that are looking for work and i think i would love to be able to work but its not possible to atm. yh it just makes me more upset going there then it would staying home x
thanks for the replies:):)
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits