[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DWP three different letters!?! HELP!!

DWP three different letters!?! HELP!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DWP three different letters!?! HELP!!

Postby missybeaubeau » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Thankfully I have passed my ATOS appointment and I heard the news this morning. I have been put into a support group...does anyone know what this it?

Also I received two other letters through the door this morning from the DWP,

one says my amount will change , I get 56 pound a week at the moment. And they put on the letter from:

December 2011(2011?!!?) I wll get 46 pound
March 2012 70 pound
September 2012 110 pound

And then I got another letter saying Im not going to recieve any money as my partner works more than 16 hours a week...

Help me im so confused. I have CFS/M.E so get very confused on the phone and with the way they disrespect you and have no clue whats going on anyway I cant call them and my partner works from 8-6 so cant ring in the opening times.

Pleaseee someone help me !?!? Thank you :D
missybeaubeau
UKFM Newbie

Re: DWP three different letters!?! HELP!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:00 pm

:welcome: to the forum missbeaubeau :wave: :wave:

I'm guessing from what you have said that the £56 you have been on was the assessment rate that is paid to all ESA claimants while they are waiting to be assessed to see which group they will be put in, based on their illnesses/conditions and how they are affected by them. The Support Group is for those claimants who are deemed too ill/affected to be able to do any sort of work.

The second letter could well be one that is simply advising you of the rates you will be/have been paid ESA from the months stated in it. The 3rd one saying that you won't be receiving any money because of the number of hours your OH works is confusing tho, as normally, when someone is placed in the Support Group, their money is paid irrespective of the number of ours their partner works.

With you struggling with speaking on the phone and OH working, is there someone else you trust who could ring them on your behalf?? The only other thing I can think of is seeing if there is Citizens Advice or other similar organisations locally. As they're familiar with the system they may be able to explain things in more detail to you, and possible contact DWP on your behalf to see what is happening.

If there isn't a CAB or other similar people in your area, your local council may have an advice~type place that may be able to help you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: DWP three different letters!?! HELP!!

Postby diane1 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi

Did you apply for ESA C (CONTRIBUTION BASED) or ESA IB (INCOME BASED).

ESA C is claimed if your partner works as you recieve the benefit due to the contributions you have paid through previous work. If you are put in the WRAG you will get it for 26 weeks and then thats it. UNLESS you get put into the support group.You are then allowed to recieve ESA for as long as you are in the support group which can be years.

If you havent paid enough contributions through previous work and dont qualify for ESA C you will have to claim ESA IB but any income your household recieves will be taken into account and could mean you have no entitlement to any money, you would however still recieve credits towards your retirement pension. This means that unfortuneately you wont recieve any money.

I hope this helps.
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits