Hope - I won my Tribunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hope - I won my Tribunal

Postby littlemo1954 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm

There is hope for FM sufferers and anyone else who has an invisible disability. I went along to my Tribunal which I had waited 9 months for, in a very anxious, nervous state with my partner. I had at first been awarded 12 points from Atos, not good. I appealed and was awarded 0 points, not good at all. Hence the Tribunal.
Having to wait because of the backlog of people being seen, I was near to breaking point. I was called into the room with the Judge and Doctor.
After lengthy questioning from the Doctor, I finally dissolved into tears. Having to explain how you feel and what you go through each day and because you are questioned on the day that you had your Atos medical and the time preceding that, the Fibro fog sets in and it is so frustrating.
I was then asked how I was at the time and told them it had got worse than it was and my flare ups are longer and more painful.
My partner was asked at the end if he had anything to add and he highlighted certain points and the fact I had gone for a job interview and was turned down very politely for being honest about my FB. Also how depressed I was with the quality of life.
We were sent out to wait their decision.
We were called back in and my appeal had been allowed. I am entitled to ESA with the work related activity component to be reviewed in 12 months time. I was not awarded points but Regulation 29 of the ESA Regulations 2008. For sufferers with a bodily or mental disability that would be a substantial risk to the persons mental health, if they were not found to have a limited capability for work.
So I am relieved with the result and just so angry that I was made to go through this ordeal, it is the second I have had to go through this but each time I have been successful.
Keep fighting, we will win in the end.
Good luck to anyone who has their Tribunals pending.
Littlemo :-D :-D :-D
littlemo1954
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hope - I won my Tribunal

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Well done Mo on getting a positive result from your Tribunal but so sorry to hear of all you had to go through to get what should have been granted in the first place.

Good luck in the next 12 month and hope you don't have to go through this again in the future
:flowers: :grouphug:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Well done on winning your Tribunal Mo, its just not right you had to suffer so much stress..........
So pleased with the positive out come now you can have a well deserved CHILL!!!!!!!
[chocolate] :wine: :grouphug: :flowers: but not too much lol.
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby suenew54 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Great news, a weight off your shoulders.
Im waiting to go for my 3rd tribunal. (won the other two ) so stressful .
suenew54
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am

Well done I bet it was like a heavy weight lifted off your shoulders. I recently asked yes asked for a review of my DLA and after a medical by an atos DR was awarded HR mob and HR care. It felt soooo good when I got the decision not only that I had now got more money to get help in but I found out that it means I wont have to go through the renewal of my ESA C for 3 years even better as it gives me passport to the support group.

Enjoy your victory.

:welldone:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Mazz64 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Well done, so pleased for you :-D great to hear some good news for a change. I'm waiting for my Tribunal just want it over and done with now.

Enjoy your win :welldone:

Mazz
Mazz64
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:37 pm

You must be so relieved, great news and well done :)
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby littlemo1954 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 am

:-D Thank you for your good wishes, I hope others will have pleasing outcomes to their Tribunal. I wish you all luck x :-D
littlemo1954
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:34 pm

diane1 wrote:Well done I bet it was like a heavy weight lifted off your shoulders. I recently asked yes asked for a review of my DLA and after a medical by an atos DR was awarded HR mob and HR care. It felt soooo good when I got the decision not only that I had now got more money to get help in but I found out that it means I wont have to go through the renewal of my ESA C for 3 years even better as it gives me passport to the support group.

Enjoy your victory.

:welldone:

Hi
Well done for getting an increase in your DLA, i asked for a review last Jan for mobility as i was only getting HR care and was awarded HR mobility which was great as i was struggling so much with my mobility!!! Just a query really why do you not have to have a review now for 3 years and how does it give you a passport to the support group? I have been in support group now for nearly 4 years and am expecting another review anytime, though i am hoping i dont get 1 until i am reviewed for PIP whenever that starts, its awful just waiting for that letter to drop on the doormat!!!

Milly xx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits