Lost ESA Tribrunal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lost ESA Tribrunal

Postby sadoldbid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Well been to ESA Tribunal this afternoon and lost my appeal. The whole process feels like a sick joke. Speechless :dunno:
sadoldbid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lost ESA Tribrunal

Postby suenew54 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Sorry to hear that, im waiting for my date... what happens now ???
suenew54
UKFM Member

Postby bumblebee57 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm

So sorry to hear that. I was in that position recently. They told me to sign on when I lost my appeal as My ESA stopped that day. I did but couldnt handle it physically or mentally after 4 weeks and my Dr signed me off. They then stopped my Jobseekers allowance and I had no income whatsoever. So I re-applied for ESA. Ive got it but no money as yet as they are messing around with paperwork. Its been a month now. I'll probably have to go through the whole Atos medical thing again and maybe another appeal. I am not sick enough for Atos and too sick for JSA and to work. What are people like us supposed to live on?? There is no little box for us to slot into. Go everywhere and ask everyone for advice. Dont let them get away with this. Ive been lucky enough to have family to help me out, but not everyone has and it must be so worrying. But I wish you loads of luck.
bumblebee57
UKFM Member

Postby littlemo1954 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:10 am

So sorry to hear your news. I could have been in that position. As Bumblebee stated "there is no box for us to slot into".
The Judge at my Tribunal said a similar thing, the paperwork we fill in for our claims, does not have boxes for sufferers like us. It's either on that day can you lift, walk, climb stairs etc. etc without help. You have to say yes or no. The Judge pointed out there were no boxes for people who suffered differently everyday.
The loophole I was awarded my appeal was Regulation 29 of the ESA Regulations of 2008. They couldn't reinstate my points because on the day the Atos medical officer saw me I was on a fairly good day. Obviously as I pointed out, our days come and go when they want not when we want.
Look up this regulation it will apply to you I am sure. I wish you everyone good luck. I just know how awful life is and more stress makes us suffer more.
Gentle love and hugs
:grouphug:
littlemo1954
UKFM Newbie

Postby sadoldbid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks for your comments and good wishes; nice to know people who understand the situation care how we are affected.

Not quite so speechless today but still think the ordeal we go through is awful, but even though it shouldn't be happening we are not alone by any means. It amazes me how hard it is to get help with all this, finding the right info is like a 'rubbish' hunt (not treasure for sure). Then those that love 'the power' move the goalposts! How is it possible to play the game when the other side are leagally cheating! So as my mum would say 'Hope all their rabbits die and bad scrans to them' ( possible old lancashire saying), anyway better to say that than what I really think!

I have no idea what will happen now, from what bumblebee said my benefit stopped yesterday. Could reapply for ESA as I waited for tribunal for over 8 mts and possible to claim again after 6. But even Wefare Benefits Advisors don't know for sure if that 6 mts starts when the Decision Maker or the Tribunal refuse ESA benefit.

Getting stressed now, will have to go and finish this rant another time. :facepalm:

Thanks again for your very welcome support. :blowkiss:
sadoldbid
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:15 pm

sorry to hear you were unsuccessful and :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: for your reapplication :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 am

Starts from the inital letter date from the Decision maker.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits