car insurance- do i have to declare?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

car insurance- do i have to declare?

Postby honeypots03 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:59 am

hi everyone. do i have to legally declare fibromyalgia to my car insurance? if so does it matter who diagnosed you? also do i have to declare to dvla for my license too! thanks
honeypots03
UKFM Member

Re: car insurance- do i have to declare?

Postby wolfstar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 am

i never have and as far as i know you do not have to.

When i renew my motability car i am never asked what my condition is or how bad my disability is. :-D
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby DianeW » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Good question, thanks for putting my mind at rest. I was wondering if I had done wrong in not declaring My FM. ThanksB-)
DianeW
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 am

With insurance companies it's always better to let them know all the details. Then they can't turn round at a later stage and say they weren't in full possession of the facts.

Not sure where Fibro fits with the DVLC. However all my driving life I've had to fill in medical DVLC forms. There is a question which asks if you feel there is any reason why you shouldn't/aren't safe to drive. This is where feeling you experience lack of concentration and fatigue from strong painkillers on a regular basis could possibly make a difference.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby C4thy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I always tell my insurance company or I might not be covered. I did inform DVLA but not for FMS as I'm only just had that added to my list. I am registered a disabled driver with no restrictions. I have to drive automatic but I don't have any adaptions so they weren't worried. My insurance didn't go up because of it. :-)
C4thy
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits