Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

carers allowance

Postby rosehip » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:48 am

How do you claim for it xx
rosehip
UKFM Member

Re: carers allowance

Postby wolfstar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 am

If you are on DLA and get middle rate care or high rate care just ring the dla/dwp number and ask them to send out an application form :-D
:coffee1:
wolfstar

Is fibromyalgia real :?:
YES, its painfully :scream-1: real :pull-hair:
wolfstar
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 am

You can't claim carers allowance for yourself, it is claimed by the person doing the caring. But if you are caring for someone who is on mid or high rate DLA care component you can claim if:

You take care of the person for 35 hours or more, you are not a full time student. You can still do part time work but have an income from employment of no more than £100 after deductions. The first £85 of any occupational pension is also not affected.

There are a few more stipulations which I can't remember (brain fog)

I applied for carers for my mum as she lives with me but because I am on ESA contributions support group I can't get it, but you can still apply if you are on means tested benefits as it gives a 'passport' to entitlement.

If you Google 'carers allowance' there is so much more information there.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby fatalrazkaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

Do bear in mind that if you are on means tested benefit they will take the carers allowance into account and you will lose some of it. I did when I was on Income Support a few years back, they only let me keep £26 of it, they took the rest off my Income Support :(
fatalrazkaz
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits