Hi not been on in a while update on my DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi not been on in a while update on my DLA

Postby Milosmum21 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi peeps, :wave: I havent posted for a while but i wanted to post an update on my DLA claim. I first put in a claim in November 2010 that went to appeal & i lost :cry: :cry: Since then i have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, a bulging disc in my neck, diabetes, pernicious anaemia, iron deficient anaemia, bi-polar & depression along with my previous fibro, CFS, angina & blocked coronary artery & chronic achillies tendonitis (failed op for this)

On the advice of my Care manager (psychiatric) & my GP i applied again May 2012. Yesterday i had the dreaded doctor visit (the first time i applied i got an obnoxious, pompous A*****e! ) So the doctor arrived yesterday He had letter from my G.P & Care manager. He then asked to see my medication. Then he asked me if i was already on dla......i said no? He filled in the form asking all the usual questions......then said i'm not going to examine you as i can see how much pain you are in just from the amount of medication you are taking. He then said...why have you not applied sooner for dla? i said i did & never got it!! Granted i am much worse now than i was then.
So he said I really shouldn't say this & at the end of the day it's not my decision.... but you should be getting HR Mobility & something for care. He never asked me to sign anything & have to say was very pleasant throughout the whole visit
I know they can be very nice then you get the back stabbing response in the brown envelope!!! So i dont know what to think of it all??
I guess i will just have to wait for that dreaded brown envelope to hit the mat!

What i will say is unless you have your GP & at least another professional who knows & supports you i dont think you have much chance :( My GP did say in his letter that he supported my claim for dla & if they needed any more info to get in touch with him
So now the wait...................................
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Re: Hi not been on in a while update on my DLA

Postby diane1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm

:fingerscrossed: for you.

I had a Drs visit 2 weeks ago for DLA. He was very nice asked lots of questons and did a number of memory and sensory tests on me due to the fibro fog but didnt go to town on the movement as I already had HR Mobility . I got the brown envelope on Thurs of the same week telling me I was on HR Mob and HR Care. You could have knocked me down with a feather.And to top it all off it was backdated 6 months :-D :-D :-D

So you should ear in a day or two.

Good Luck.
:goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby shortnsweet54 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi Lilosmum,

Well hope springs eternal as they say, you never know after your assessment he might just write down the exact things that let you get your DLA, i really wish so.

Let's hope you get the brown envelope containing good news not the brown envelope of doom lol. When i got mine in June, i was 2 days before i opened it, it just sat on the side getting the glares and evil eye it deserved. Had an unusual mini tantrum, ripped it open and blow me if i wasn't put in a support group. Still stunned and not sure how it happened!!

Wishing you all the best
Take care
Jan xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Postby Milosmum21 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks Diane & Jan :-D it's good to hear happy stories rather than the usual doom & gloom that the DWP inflict upon us :evil: & what makes me mad, a girl i know decided after hearing about me with my 1st claim decided to put in for dla basically put a load of lies sent it off, no doctor visit nothing! got middle rate care & middle rate mobility nowt wrong with her.....beggars belief <shakes head> she was actually laughing that she got it & me with all my health problems didn't! :-?
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Lovely to see you back on here Sue :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I know that last time you were on here, things around you had been really traumatic, I hope they have started to go in a calmer direction for you all now :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

From what the Dr said to you, it sounds like things could be more promising this time round :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: The only way you'll know tho, as has been said, is when the brown envelope drops thru the door :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

The situation with the girl you know and how she was successful with her claim full of lies is one of the reasons why it's so difficult for those who really need it to make a successful claim :waiting: :waiting: Makes me really :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I hope Milo is looking after you and not getting himself into too many wibbles :dogrun1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Milosmum21 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Fluppy :wave: Good to be back! Things are still a bit fragile :cry: after all the trauma we moved house in Feb & in April i just hit a brick wall :( ended up in psychiatric unit for 2 months since then my angina been alot worse ended up in hosp 2 weeks ago & i'm still having pains doc says it's unstable. But the most wonderful thing is i have my lovely handsome Milo to cheer me up :-D :dogrun1: He is doing great the only sad bit is i am no longer able to walk him :cry: but if it's nice hubby & i take him to the beach & i can sit & watch them both playing with the ball :dogrun1: So if i can just feel a bit better things would be great!!

Thanks Fluppy xx
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Hope you get the good news you deserve.

makes me mad :too-upset: when I hear about those that flaunt the system and get away with it.

Would love to have the courage to report them !!! :nono: :nono:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi Sue, so glad to see you back here and everything including :fingerscrossed: are crossed for you, I know it must be sad not actually walking Milo but I bet its good watching him play and best of all you get the cuddles :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Never mind Milo's wibbles I think you will enjoy seeing him get in and out of them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for all you have been through and getting past it all :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Milosmum21 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:48 am

Thankyou all so much :-) You are all such a lovely bunch of people :-D I know what you mean re: reporting these people who are breaking the law & stopping genuine ill people getting the benefits they deserve :evil: I too wish i had the courage to shop them but i do believe that they will get their day!! :nono:

Milo is taking good care of me in the cuddle dept although he still detests the vet passionately :roll: :roll: had a wee nibble at him last week (he has a sore paw & get's so upset showing it to anyone) Maybe we should take a leaf out of Milo's book when dealing with these health professionals from the DWP? :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: hee hee hee hee
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 am

You've certainly been thru it Sue :grouphug: :grouphug: Moving house is stressful at the best of times, throw some extra nublets in, and something inevitably has to give, I'm so :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: that it was you that hit the brick wall :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Milo Therapy is definitely the best treatment for you :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Walks on the beach are lovely, even when it's cold, so seeing your boy enjoying himself is always nice :dogrun1: My folks live on the east coast and DeeDee loves it when we go to see them as she knows where we will be going at some point during the visit :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The fragile things will slowly become a little more robust with time and TLC, just keep taking those little steps in the right direction :dogrun1: :dogrun1: :dogrun1: :cat2: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Milosmum21 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:26 am

Thankyou so much Fluppy :-D Yeah i think i'm going in the right direction :arrow: :arrow: the house move was horrendous!! 20 years worth of stuff OMG we had so many trips to Cats protection & PDSA I'm on the Christmas party list!!! :xmasdance1: :lol: :lol: But seriously we were hoping to downsize & we ended up buying another house with same amount of rooms but slightly smaller :roll: :roll: :roll: I really like it though & it is definately easier to keep on top of :-| But the main reason we bought it & you will understand this but some folk think i'm crazy :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: The garden is superb for Milo it's big but easy maintained & it's all fenced in!! It has a pond & we had frogs there over the summer Milo loves the pond as you can imagine (crazy springer!) But we fell in love with it for Milo & it's so good that i can let him out to play knowing that he is safe :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

The move was the best thing for me although sad as hubby built our last house & it was the house my daughter grew up in, so....happy memories & was sad to leave, but it was too big for me to keep up with. I must have started to get really ill just as we were moving as i have no recollection at all of the move or unpacking nothing :-| :-| :-| It's completely wiped from my memory :shock: :shock: :shock: Then shortly after that i felt so ill went to bed never got up nor ate for days i lost a stone & half in 3 weeks. Next thing i'm being admitted to psych unit being told if i dont go voluntary i will be detained for my own safety! :crazy: :crazy: It was scary Fluppy & know now i was very ill i was there for 2 months & that's when i found who my true friends were!! talk about being kicked when your down! Nasty evil person who demands full attention or out comes the drama queen!

So it's onwards & upwards now! I am going for a wee break in Nov somewhere warm for a complete chill out with hubby. Milo is excited as his uncle Kenny who he adores (cos he spoils him rotten) is coming to stay. So i will return to a house full of new toys & chew bones & a slightly fatter Milo (going to put him on a bit of a light diet beforehand.....shhhh don't tell him)
But mentally feeling so much better just get anxious it's going to all start again, working on trying to keep the anxiety at bay i have a support worker, she is a gem she goes out with me & we talk through my anxiety & fears. Milo of course loves her & she gets an abundance of kisses when she arrives. So i feel i'm in a kind of a good place just now, still in lots of pain which is a bit of a bugga as it does tend to bring you down mentally, but keep going take the bad days along with the good & keep a journal of both & what i do now to help with the bad days.......It's amazing how much help it can be!

Gentle hugs to you all
Susan x x :grouphug:
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 pm

I think it's a perfect reason for buying a house :clap: :clap: :clap: It is such a wrench when you leave somewhere with so many memories, those memories will always be with you tho, and new ones will be made where you are now which will be looked back on with just as much pleasure as the ones from your previous home :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rather than a downsizing, it sounds more like a bit of shrinking :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: Whatever way it's described, the important thing is that it's right for you, Milo and Milosdad, and from what you've said it certainly sounds like it is :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :cat2: :bear-dancing:

Altho I know how bad I felt when I was at my lowest and blackest point, I just can't imagine how bad it has been for you Sue :blowkiss: :hugs: :blowkiss: :hugs: :blowkiss: As for the "friends", sadly it is true that something like an illness/condition helps bring out a person's true colours :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: And it cuts so much more deeply when it's someone who you thought would always be there :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so glad things are looking so much brighter now, and the break with Milosdad should be available on prescription for you. We had our first hollibobs without our son this year and it's something that I think should be on my list of repeat items too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: With how you're feeling mentally now, you'll find the right way for you to deal with the anxiety issue, give it a bit of time and try a few ideas out, there will be something, or a mix of somethings that will get you there when it's the right time :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy being in that better place, and hopefully the next place along the way will be even more better for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Hope you have a lovely break Sue, you are doing grand, just remember baby steps all the way :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Milosmum21 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks Fluppy & Denys really appreciate it :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby Milosmum21 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 am

Hi :-D Good news i was awarded high rate on both Mobility & Care! :-D :-D :-D It now means i can have an automatic car which will be such an amazing help to me :-D due to sciatica in both legs i find it so painful to drive a manual car now :cry:
This was my 2nd attempt at applying for dla & the doctor who came out to assess me was so nice & couldn't understand why i wasn't already in receipt of it.

So just want to say don't give up! My last application was a nightmare it went to appeal & i lost :cry:
This time my case manager (mental health social worker) filled in the forms & i had had full support from consultants, Psychiatrist & most important my GP. What i will say if you don't have the support to back your claim i honestly think you will struggle, so get as much support from as many professionals dealing with your health problems as possible & make sure they put how much it impacts on your daily life

Good Luck & Gentle hugs :grouphug: Sue x
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits