Appeal for ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Appeal for ESA

Postby boxesgirl33 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi I hope someone can help I have been declared fit for work!!!! after my ESA medical. I was wandering what the difference is between appealing and asking for a reconsideration as in which process takes longer and what does each process involve thanks for reading hope you all manage to have a pain free day (as much as this is possible!)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Re: Appeal for ESA

Postby Joannakw » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm

I can't directly answer your question about the difference, but when I was refused ESA I went to the citizens advice. They put together a case for me and I then got rewarded the benefit. Apparently in the guidelines if you 'cannot do something more than once without pain or discomfort then you are considered as not being able to do it at all'. The CAB were so helpful and have dealt with this many times. Good luck. :-)
Joannakw
UKFM Newbie

Postby mirielle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 pm

I wrote a letter saying what I did not agree with and gave explanations!!!! They still disagreed with it and I then had to appeal :too-upset: After 18 long months I have finally won and im on the work related activity program after scoring 18 points :yikes: I dont really knows what this means and hopefully will gey my head round it!!!! I did still get my ESA while waiting for tribunal :-P As far as im aware there is no quick way and this seems the way you have to go!!! :pull-hair:
Im just in the 1st stage with DLA as well, sending a letter saying what I dont agree with and waiting to see what happens!!!! :( Just hope it isant as long winded as the ESA!!!!! Good luck and hope goes well for you :goodluck2: xx
mirielle
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Hope this helps as I'm not exactly firing on many cylinders at the moment.

When you submit an appeal, it generally goes for reconsideration first, which means another decision~maker will look at your claim and see what verdict they come up with. If it can be changed in your favour, they will let you know what the new decision is and when it is effective from. This then brings your appeal to a close.

If the decision is unchanged, this is when your claim tends to be passed on to the next stage, the appeals process. They should let you know that this is happening, as well as tell you what needs to be done next.

If you have a look thru some of the topics on this board, you'll find a number of people going thru the process at different stages. Have a read as you may find some useful info that could be of help to you with yours.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits