WORKING FROM HOME

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

WORKING FROM HOME

Postby mlou » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi everybody I'm currently in a job but really struggling as It's physical and I cant take much more. I'm just wondering if any of you do work from home? I'm racking my brains and trying to think of something I could do from home. :?:
mlou
UKFM Member

Re: WORKING FROM HOME

Postby stageside » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I was doing whats called permitted work as a photographer, I turned my living room in my small flat into a studio which made things much easier for me, unfortunately with technology improving as it is, photography isn't something many people require and there is so much competition in it I havn't had any work in for 8mths now.
stageside
UKFM Member

Postby FibroSherry247 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Im looking for work from home also. I tried www.workingmums.co.uk which offers a wide range of working from home jobs, you just have to look for the right one that suits you. It takes time but you have to be patient. ;-)
FibroSherry247
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 am

Hi< just a small word of warning about working from home....I've worked from home for many years now, about 20 years ago it became apparent that employers have short thrift when you can get out of bed some mornings, can't lift etc etc...so i worked for myself...the perfect answer especially as at that time althogh i had fm i didnt have the diagnosis. It was a great move especially as i had small children (one autistic) it wa sthe answer to my prayers!I could work unsocialble hours if thats when i felp good, could work more of less dependinghow i felt etc. Then the last 4 years or so I realised it was taking me so many more hours to do just a small bit of work. I work using machnery and i was have alot of accidents! Anyway FM(had been diagnosed with this and other things by now) had gotten wayyy too bad and even my GP said although a tiny amount of work would be thersputic, I need to be realistic and stop!Initially i didnt as i just couldnt afford to.i was earning so little now just waiting a couple of weeks for financial help would have meant nothing on the table,no way to pay bills etc,so opted to try for DLA, He supported a claim for DLA (pain clinic had suggested i should claim) ..yup, right! two years of fighting and they wont give it me in any shape/form..on tier 2 tribuneral now.And have submitted a new claim as i have deterotated further and also have OT, district nurse etc in place now (was on referals at first claim but as was waiting they wouldn't count it as conclusive evidance).....then 4 months ago I was ready to do something sooo drastic i knew i couldnt go on....then i encountered ESA. Basically ok, not too long to figure out i was entitled to a tiny amount of help for 13 weeks (but not the first three days as we all stop eating/drinking/living for the first three days of not being bale to work (grrr) , had very legnthy form and had to get help to fill it in...now week 16, heard nothing more, but found online that many claiments wait upto 27 weeks for their descision!! Ive rung a couple of times to find you have to wait for themt o ring back 24 hours later, and the can tell me nothing...not even that i would be waiting weeks!! I'm just hoping that they'rre not going to use the same argument as DLA......i could watch my daughter a bit, work at home for years, so really why aren't i still doing that! working at home meant i could carry on for years longer than if i went out to work, it also means that after years of struggling to do anywork at all I'm somehwat snookered now I can't do it anymore.....and i soooo miss my work, it made me feel worthwhile...yet the implications are now that if I'd claimed everything when employers no longer wanted me then I'd have been laughing all the way to the bank!!! so whilst its a great solution to work problems, be very warey befor you leap into it. :roll:
babajane32
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits