Fibromyalgia/Atos/DWP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibromyalgia/Atos/DWP

Postby fibroatosdwp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi

If anyone is involved in the above triangle of doom i would appreciate your help in compiling a register.

fibroatosdwp.blog.com
fibroatosdwp
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibromyalgia/Atos/DWP

Postby tashnella » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Attended my atos medical saturday, now awaiting the brown envelope of doom. Will be glad to help. xx
tashnella
UKFM Member

Postby Meg_Burdus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Had my medical (2nd after appealing the first one) on May 26th. Still waiting for 'computer says No' :sleep:
Meg
Meg_Burdus
UKFM Member

Postby POSTIEGIRL » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Count me in that register. I am awaiting a tribunal date. ..should be very soon and worrying myself sick... Now also worrying about being homeless cos of bedroom tax
POSTIEGIRL
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm

count me in...today my money altered drastically for the worst...still trying to get to bottom of it as have had no proper letter since 15 weeks at start of esa claim..and major bloopers arghhhh
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Tifa2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi

I had my second medical this year on Saturday so just waiting on the letter coming through the door another endless wait it feels like. If I can help in anyway i would be glad to.

Caroline
xXx
Tifa2
UKFM Member

Postby talon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:56 pm

hi count me in ive got my medical on the 12th after just winning my tribunral :( :( :( so fed up
talon
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibroatosdwp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks for the feedback, with your help i aim to report it in this way which will highlight the absurdity of the system,

Fibromyalgia sufferers attending dwp examination 3247

Fibromyalgia sufferers retaining benefit 6

Fibromyalgia sufferers disallowed benefit 3241

Fibromyalgia sufferers who appealed 2987

Fibromyalgia sufferers who retained benefit 97

Fibromyalgia sufferers disallowed benefit 2890

Fibromyalgia sufferers attending tribunal 2643

Fibromyalgia sufferers who retained benefit 1876

Fibromyalgia sufferers disallowed benefit 767

I would also like to keep records of how quickly they recall those who have been successful in reclaiming their benefit.
fibroatosdwp
UKFM Newbie

Postby michellejones1970 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

i put in for DLA back in april, they asked for doctors reports and hospital reports, which they received,,, that wasn't good enough, they sent a guy out from atos, went from bad to worse, he was foreign, i couldn't understand him, he couldn't understand me with my jumbled words etc,,,,,, he did tell me he was a surgeon,,, anyway, i got the brown envelope, three weeks later saying NO, I appealed over the phone, got a letter four weeks later saying NO,
I have applied again, they have just received reports from my doctor so i am waiting for a decision again,,,,,,,,,

i receive £122.60 every two weeks, i pay the council £10.65 a week
God knows what i will do next april with this bedroom tax,,,,
the whole thing is a nightmare, :( :( :( :(
michellejones1970
UKFM Newbie

Postby miller » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 am

i had a medical in august and a telephone assessment on 21st sept, the lady on the phone really got my hopes up and said to me with the results of my medical and her phone assessment i would not have any problem been put in support group I waited for a dreaded letter but did not get one. anyway been on the phone today and basically the decision is no. i asked how could she say i would not have a problem then get a no, he told me she is not the one making decision ,so am i been really thick why did she ring if she not making decision based on info she has in front of her my head is spinning we are getting more and more into debt and i cannot see a way forward at the mo.
i would be up for any review into the benefit system and willing to help if i can . :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :roll: :crazy:
miller
UKFM Member

Postby fibroatosdwp » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 am

Will contributors to the register email details in the subject box please as indicated in the example, NOT in the message section.

many thanks
fibroatosdwp
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibroatosdwp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

UPDATE

Thanks to all those who have contributed, however i do need information from anyone who has retained their benefit at ANY stage. To date, i have NO records of ANYONE that has succeeded in this task.
The most disappointing aspect is the percentage of people who will not challenge their (ATOS) decision at the appeal or tribunal stage.
fibroatosdwp
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 am

I think you may come accross many of us whom have been awarded benefits and retained them but also have many other conditions/disabilities along side. Are you purely wanting just fibro diagnoses :?: cause you may find many fibros may have been awarded cause of other illnesses going on. Seems only a small majority have fibro alone....

Just a thought :idea:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby miller » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 am

fibroatosdwp,
believe me when i get to appeal i will be trying to dismiss the atos medical as i have tried to do over the phone on numerous occasions its fictional and not in any way shape or form indicates how i tried to expess this stupid illness and how i have to live my non exiscient life . if they dont understand how can can you try to explain to these people that are making these decisions , my family that see me everyday are only just coming to terms with it as i am after years .
miller
UKFM Member

Postby PammyS » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I have applied twice for DLA.Refused both times.Now gone to appeal.
First application,19/9/11.refused by letter.No medicals,just refused.
Second application,a report was asked from my GP and I was seen at home by an Atos doctor,he was here 20 minutes
on the 16th September 2012 ,and I got a refusal letter 20th September 2012.
Appealed 10th October 2012.Awaiting answer.Will be happy to help.
pammyS
PammyS
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits