[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My esa appeal to get in support group

My esa appeal to get in support group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My esa appeal to get in support group

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

So ATOS assessed me, it was stopped early because I was in to much pain,......they decided I should be in wrag.

I have fibro, I can't walk more than 40 m without stopping, with the use of crutches.
Constant chronic pain and so many symptoms!!
Memory is shot to bits,

So I went to CAB and have got help to write appeal, stating about mobility, and picking up moving stuff, learning tasks and awareness of hazards, coping with change and coping with social engagement. All of these things I have problems with which is why I think I should be in the support group.

The CAB advisor has written to all my drs but none of them have given specific evidence of these problems, only saying instead about my pain. My GP has been helpful, and am going to see him Friday with my appeal to see if he agrees with what I'm saying and if so if he can help me with evidence.

I'm getting so stressed which is making my illness worse, and now the citzen advice centre woman is like, you can always withdraw your appeal, because there is not the right evidence...so basically just because my drs haven't written the words the government thinks it I weds to see, suddenly I am fit to be getting back to work?!!! :(
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Re: My esa appeal to get in support group

Postby denys » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 pm

This is the problem many people are finding, fibro is unpredictable and a lot of health professionals are unwilling to state that it may stay at the level it is for a specific length of time.

That said :fingerscrossed: your doc will agree with you and give you the evidence you need for your appeal
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi and sorry for hijacking the threat
8-)
got my letter today and was put in WRAG
like to ask for recon and/or appeal

which are the two docs I should ask for in order to find out how they came to their conclusion?
think one might be called "statement of reasons"
but what's the name of the other?
could it be something like DM (decision maker's) report?

all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:14 am

My cab woman says I can't submit evidence obtained from how I am currently because they have to deal with how I was back when I was assessed by ATOS...is this true?
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi

Yes it is a snapshot on how your disabilities were up to and including the medical, thats what the tribunal will go on!!! I dont know if this is any help but before you go to see your gp it might be worth you putting pen to paper and describing in detail how you are affected by your disabilities. Normally when you go to see your gp you only have 10 minutes to tell them what your problems are and in that time you are restricted to how much you tell them or how much they write down and absorb, they have a lot of patients and so it is difficult for them to remember or in fact log everything that you tell them.

I wrote in great detail exactly how much my disabilities affect me on a day to day basis and the complications and difficulties i face everyday. In fact i ended up giving my gp a 6 page typed report which she read and was so shocked as to how i get through every day. My gp then scanned this to my file so that it was on record should i see another gp in the practise or if dwp or dla required any reports. I had a pplied for a reconsideration on my dla, i already was in receipt of dla higher rate care but no mobility and with the support of my gp and consultants at the hospital i was awarded higher rate mobility. My gp said that as my mobility was so bad i should have been awarded this a long time ago. She also said that it would help them considerably if all her patient wrote a repot on how they are affected as so much is missed in a rushed 10 minute consultation. That day my gp read the report in about 5 minutes and spent the other 5 minutes on what direction to go in next ir order to help me.

I really hope this is of some help to you!!!

Take care
Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Vickyharry1982 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:34 pm

so i went and saw my dr and showed him a copy of my appeal form.
he has said to me he would write a letter saying that he completely agrees with all that has been written and that he upports my appeal to be put in the support group.
but after speaking to my cab woman she said if he wrote that, that the benifits person would think i have paid him to say it, so after a bit of frustration i requested that she phoned and spoke to my dr directly and let him know what it is that needs to be written to support my appeal!!

bit later she rang back and told me the dr is going to write about his observations of me, how slow and difficult it is for me to get down the corridor to his office, how my hands shake and i have had trouble holding a cup of drink when he has given me one etc....

so i think???....hopefully????....the cab woman will think that what evr the dr writes will be good enough???...and then fingers crossed the descition makers or whoever they are will realise at the moment i need to be in the support group....

so now a little less stressed though not much reduction, and am exhausted, so going for a nap. xxxx
Vickyharry1982
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 pm

:fingerscrossed: :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits