DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA

Postby mlou » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi all hope your all well as can be. Just some advice on DLA I currently receive ESA permitted work but feel as if I'm not well enough to work anymore, everyday is just a battle and has been for months now. Working is just making me feel worse, I've tried and tried to keep going but cant take much more. My reason for this post is to see if it would be worth me putting a claim in for DLA I have both M.E/Fibro. I feel in a way as if I wouldn't qualify as I don't need home care etc. Does anybody on here claim DLA? feedback appreciated thanks x
mlou
UKFM Member

Re: DLA

Postby romany65 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 pm

DLA has 2 componants Care AND Mobility. You can claim for one or other OR both. If you go online and you can complete a form to tell you whether or not worth claiming. I have just applied and am still waiting to hear. Good luck xx :-)
romany65
UKFM Member

Postby thawkins250 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Go for it :-D you dont know until you try, I got it I have FM and IA, just be very honest about your mobility,
you are entitled so should claim, and if you get it you can get the help you need, good luck take care xx
thawkins250
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gaia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 pm

I would def say make a claim for DLA. I get full rate care & mobility, although I have other health problems as well, but my youngest son (26) recently applied for DLA after being diagnosed with fibro and he gets low rate mobility and middle rate care, so it's def worthy trying for!
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 am

GAIA
did you get help from cab when you and your son applied please and what help do you and your son have for care and mobility.

i don;t seem to be having much luck with my applications so some help would be appreciated thanks.
did you have medicals.

thanks
:-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 am

Go for it you never know until you try . I have probs with lower spine which effect my mobility and prior to FM dx applied and got HR mobility and LR care as OH needs to help with some aspects of my personal care such as getting in and out of shower/bath etc.

I didn't have any CAB advise but was advised by person from the benefits office to claim for my "lowest normal day" . so if I could regularly say that on certain days when my condition worsened for whatever reason I needed assistance with personal care tell them . the same for mobility although for me that it fairly standard as most days are a bad and I can't walk very far .

Good luck

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:14 am

Remember to make sure your GP is fully aware of your mobility / care needs.

Yes they know what illnesses we have but unless our overall situation is logged down then *no record* will show up when/if dla contact your doctor

just somw advice to help support your application :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks Lisa must do that myself as I'm not sure I have let my GP know for a while the things OH is doing.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby sarahc1976 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm

:-? OMG got diagnosed july with fibro i have other illnesses aswell my ocupational therapist told me to tell d.l.a about my fibro but i was so scared its took me until now to actually get the forms and see about getting them done on one of the questions it says how long have you had these conditions well my mental health i have had for over 10 yrs but was diagnosed in 2003 (but i didnt know) and only treated for the diagnoses from 2011/12 :crazy: and the fibro as i have chronic back pain aswel i have been getting low rate mob and middle care but the fibro symptons started 5 yrs ago when i lived in scotland but since moving back notes take ages to come back and things get confussed so the dr's say for example i saw a shrink in scotland but there is no record of it i know i didnt imagine him or the place i went to see him or imagined his name :yikes:
It then goes on to say why didnt you imform us well i hope i told my friend the right thing to say as its so bloody confussing and tricky i told him to put i didnt want to imform until i had a diagnoses now the forms are filled in too the best of my friend and my ability as you only have so long to send the form back which puts more stress on me without all that goes with this illness which i havent come to terms with having yet and the "you may have a increase decrease or loose your entitlement " speech scared me what with reading on here all the people in the same boat like we are all one but with different tweaks saying about ATOS what there tricks are etc i am a qwivering wreck and might be rambling on and not making sense at this point but the forms are off my friends have taken them so they deffinatly sent as they new i probably wouldnt send it as they have seen my blue badge application filled in by my o.t still sitting there due to worry
Now for the 12-13 week wait i have never been so scared child birth was easier then all this like i said sorry to ramble i hope you kinda made some sense of the point of what i am trying to say :oops: will keep informed off what happens and if i have any hair left and if so if it has akll turned white by the time i find out
cheers sarah
sarahc1976
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Well have just finished my DLA renewal form , took me weeeks to complete , sometimes I just sat looking at it not understanding the question! Find the "How many/How long " questions very hard to answer as I don't usually time myself just know my slowness drives everybody mad :lol:

OH posting it today. Have to admit to being more concerned about eligibility this time around probably because I know the pitfalls where as the last time I was very niave. Don't get me wrong given I have now got FM on top of my previous spinal /back condition I can't see why I shouldn't get it again but you never know until the fat lady sings as the saying goes .

Wish me luck as I might be tight on time as my present award runs out mid March but as I said before it took so long to fill out the form.

Should I ring them and let them know its on its way?

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Well folks some good news at last that I thought I should share with you all ....... I've got my DLA renewed with no need for a medical or anything. it is such a relief , when I saw the letter on the mat this morning I got a cold shiver .....for one split second I thought it had been totally refused !! I know thats stupid given the reasons for my previous awward haven't gone away but thats how crazy I felt after the last few weeks of form filling.

I have to give the DLA folk a pat on the back as I only applied around the middle of January and have got my notification by the middle of February....... so am well impressed.

:fingerscrossed: for everyone else application.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 am

ISM That is fantastic news. :welldone: :welldone:
Congratulations
:chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits