Letter saying i sent claim pack late

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Letter saying i sent claim pack late

Postby Mo B » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi there, i'm new on the forum and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in July 2012. I am looking for a bit of advice :-? I sent my claim form back late and have now received a letter asking why. The reason being that due to being sore and unable to keep writing for long periods and of course the poor concentration that comes with this, time just got away from me :( Is it ok to write this as a reason? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for reading ...I'm in Belfast btw if that makes a difference. Thanks again...
Mo B
UKFM Newbie

Re: Letter saying i sent claim pack late

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 am

Mo B wrote:The reason being that due to being sore and unable to keep writing for long periods and of course the poor concentration that comes with this, time just got away from me :( Is it ok to write this as a reason?

Form filling in is my pet hate and am sure its many others to. They want to know the in and outs of a ducks :girl_moon: in detail with added letters and so forth :roll: i really dont see how people can fraud the system with all this!! just an excuse for why the government have lost loads a money!! ... anyways lol...

I wouldnt put that time just got away from you maybe something like....

I find writing very painfull and exhausting so cannot complete a page in a day as it exabates symptoms. In between each question i need to rest from the exhaustion as my concentration levels are very poor and such questions needing attention to detail causes fatigue levels to rise.

I also need to take extra pain medication to help with the pain in my wrists from all the writing, the side effects from the extra meds causes drowsyness so i am sleepin more so i do not have as many hours in day to complete much of the form.

Just a thought :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I would give them a ring and just tell them what Lisa has said that way you are re emphisising that writing is difficult for you . Being late does not stop your assessment it just means that you loose some of the back dated time from the claim.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Agree with both the above posts :fingerscrossed: they sort things out and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mo B » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. Exactly the advice I was looking for :-) needed to know exactly what to say cos you know what they're like :roll: Thanks again and here goes!! ....
Mo B
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:21 am

Hi Mo , did you get any further on with the ESA guys? Hope you got things sorted and good luck.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits