Puzzled about CAB

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Puzzled about CAB

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I just had my meeting with welfare rights and I am little puzzed at min with CAB . I was shocked be told that when I went to see them they grab forms for legal aid and contact welfare rights right away. Now is this normal for them to fill in forms for legal aid even if you may not go to tribual ? Over thing I was hoping just get look at reconsidering stage.

I was talking welfare rights and it seems that getting to support group is hard they may open up the case and look into all my esa me being in work related group and throw it out and I could lose esa is ths true ?

I am try not to worry which I been told just see what happen about what the dwp things and if like a yes then that it but if it no we see what notes say.

Well I hope you can understand whatiI said cause first time type this on my tablet :-)
Last edited by BlueBerry on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Puzzled about CAB

Postby froggy72 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 pm

cab help with every thing sorry u got confused. xxxx :lol:
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby vampireangela » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:04 pm

don't completely get what your saying but i find the cab arnt very helpful like they used to be i sorted my stuff out through a dla advisor through my docs. so maybe go ur docs n ask if they have that sort of thing at ur surgery :idea:
vampireangela
UKFM Member

Postby froggy72 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 pm

sorry no we do not . cab help with forms. :)
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:24 pm

froggy72 wrote:cab help with every thing sorry u got confused. xxxx :lol:

Heh guess you sort don't understand what I am saying just found it weird about cab try get legal aid but not tell me about it and they thinking I want go tribual.

It seems not big help only dill out form for appeal and let welfare rights do all the work.

Just glad I know welfare rights really well maybe it just me worrying :crazy: :roll:

Btw I am talking about appeal for support group which is different :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm afraid my own dealings with cab lately on this sort of thing havent been much good, they refused to help me appeal dla because i didnt use them to do the dla forms to begin with, when i enquired about help filling in esa they didnt have time to help before the forms were due back...i.e couldnt give me an appt within the 4 weeks return time.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:00 am

CAB offices ahve seen many governemtn budget cuts and are overloaded with ESA and DLA appeals as well as DEbt advsiory services. so not surprised they have longer waiting lists.

Blueberry, there's been a couple of cases where people appealing for Support Group from WRAG have lost not only their appeal but their entitlement to WRAG. Wouldn't let it put you off, if you feel you meet the Support Group Descriptors. but they are very specific and as such only relate to a smaller percentage of people. The only general one is 'if being put in a work capability situation would be likely to endanger the health of any person (including yourself)
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:31 am

zappa20 wrote:if you feel you meet the Support Group Descriptors. but they are very specific and as such only relate to a smaller percentage of people. The only general one is 'if being put in a work capability situation would be likely to endanger the health of any person (including yourself)

the key word in all of this is "endanger" if you go back to the definitions of certain words in leagalise I believe that would mean "pose a threat to; present a danger to" so your appeal should possibly concentrate on how being in the WRAG group would impact on you day to day living and over all health.

I'm not a lawayer so don't take what I say as gospel .Its just my interpretion.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 pm

http://www.justice-for-all.org.uk/dyn/1 ... al-aid.pdf
I found this linky BlueBerry that hopefully explains a bit about things. I've had a read thru it, but at the moment can only manage things in short spurts, so hopefully something will make a bit of sense :shock: :shock:

It seems that part of the Legal Aid system provides funding for the likes of CAB and other similar organisations to provide the help that they do in dealing with benefit problems. There are changes that are/may have already been made to the Legal Aid system, which could affect how they are able to claim for the funding.

Not sure if this could help explain things BlueBerry, or whether it is normal or even a new procedure for them. It may even be something that they have done all the time, and we're normally unaware of it. So long as it means you get the help you need, I'd try not to worry too much about it.

Getting into the Support Group is difficult, but not impossible, I got in after a reconsideration of my fate last year :yikes: :yikes:
:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby BlueBerry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks guys make little bit more sence but I am not gong worry about legal aid thing just going see what happens hope I get itlike you did fluppy but I'm only in my 30s :crazy:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Age shouldn't be a factor BlueBerry, it should be based on how you are. So whether you are 30 or 130, provided you fit the qualifying criteria, you should be put in it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:37 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:Age shouldn't be a factor BlueBerry, it should be based on how you are. So whether you are 30 or 130, provided you fit the qualifying criteria, you should be put in it.

Hope so just waiting now , heard nothing yet :-)
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits