what's the longest dla claim?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what's the longest dla claim?

Postby isitme » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:32 pm

appplied for dla april 2010, refused first, reconsidered & awarded lrc, appealed so went to tribunal.

i have just heard from upper tier tribunal that my orignal claim has been thrown out on technicality (they observed me at tribunal and made comments in decision about how i appeared, but did not mention this at tribunal and give me chance to respond.
so it will go back to tribunal as a fresh case so :fingerscrossed: this time.

it is for my original application i applied for april 2010,
went to tribunal aug 2011,
appealed tribunal,
was given permission to go to upper tier,
upper approved my reason for applyhing to upper tier,
then i finally have an acceptance that it was a rubbish decision and should be retaken.

better look next time i hope - has taken so long i had my renewal in april 2012 (am appealing/reconsidering that)

has anyone had any success 2nd time around?
:-) :-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Re: what's the longest dla claim?

Postby Gaia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Believe it or not, my cousin waited over 4 years before he was finally awarded DLA after much too-ing and fro-ing with appeals, several medicals etc *and* despite the fact that he gets a war pension for injuries received during his time in the army! In the end he was awarded higher rate mobility and middle rate care earlier this year, but only for 2 years and then he will have to go through medical etc again for the Athos system ....... what the hell they think he is going to do, grow a new foot in the next two years? :!: :roll:

Good luck with your fresh claim. If his experience is anything to go by, you will need it hun :crazy:
Gaia
UKFM Member

Re: what's the longest dla claim?

Postby babajane32 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I just had me 2nd tier refused despite legal technicalities..they said although they may exist wouldnt have affected the outcome,but ignored that new evidance before tier one tribuneral was refused by the tribuneral despite this being a clear legal violation and definately would have affected the outcome .....it took two years to get to this point....now 3+ months into fresh dla claim....and still no answer..!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits