[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - first ESA assessment

first ESA assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

first ESA assessment

Postby jayne_333 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Hey all,
I've got my medical/assessment on Tomorrow in Northanpton, and I am very nervous and not really sure what to expect.
Has anyone got any advice for me?
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Re: first ESA assessment

Postby froggy72 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:15 pm

take ur time if they ask u to bend pick somthing off floor say u can not as it diffucult. wish u all the best xxx :-D
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi

I dont ant to scare you as these medicals are scarey. You do need to be aware of the questions they ask you as they will try to trip you up. As an example I was asked if I watched tv and the soaps. I told them I couldnt sit through a whole programme and that sometimes with the fibro fog I cant even follow and understand what is going on. I said I enjoyed them but that I used other people to explain things and the tv papers to keep me updated. That was that one covered I thought. Some 20 mins later in the same med8ical I was asked if I had any hobbies when I said it was hard to have hobbies due to the fibro problems I was asked didnt I even enjoy the soaps. I had to readvise her that I couldnt always follow things etc etc. If i'd said watching soaps was a hobby they would then disregard the first information I gave them about watching soaps on tv.

The day I had mine I was in a flare up looked about 100 and could hardly walk. Everyone was so suprised when I was put in the wrag ,I wasnt. So go in thinking positive but expecting nothing and then any good news is a bonus.

Getting into any group is the first hurdle but at least your getting paid then you can focus on getting into the suport group.

Good Luck and try not to stress. :goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby jayne_333 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

hey,
thank you all so much for your replies and advice. I went for my medical this morning, and I think I wa sos lucky to get a lovely understanding woman, who went over my previous form, she was sympathetic and asked lots of questions. Also she said she wasn't going to make me do any of the physical assessment as she could she I wasn't able to do it.
It was a positive experience and I got treated with respect and was given time to feel comfortable and to answer the questions in my own time.

fingers crossed now for the next step and hopefully something will come good from it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Postby Saffi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

It looks as if I am finally getting ESA. I imagine I will have to have an assessment. If it is anything like the Blue Badge assessment which I failed, I will have to use my secret weapon and get my amazing consultant. He says he lays it on with a trowel because I DO have a disability and I AM ILL. So if they say no I will get him to bring the fury.

*Fingers crossed*
the internet is a lot like Ancient Egypt... people writing on walls and worshipping cats
Saffi
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits