ESA - work related activity group - confused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA - work related activity group - confused

Postby jayne_333 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Hey,

After going to my medical on Tuesday (23rd), I have now received a letter about 'limited capability for work and limited capability for work related group. In the letter the 'Work related activity group' Box is ticked, and I am confused to what i have to do next (?). My head is in a right spin with this ESA stuff. Am I going to receive another letter to inform me of groups I have to go too? I don't really understand this, anyone help me out please?

Also I have been told in a different letter that, I still haven't got enough' National Insurance Contributions' and that I need to keep supplying Doctors notes in order to receive any money , but in the previous letter it saws I do not need to continue supplying them ??

anyone help me out here please?
sorry for the ramble I am struggling to understand it all, it's all a bit overwhelming for me.

thanks
Jayne
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA - work related activity group - confused

Postby romany65 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi, The Limited abilility to work WRAG is the most common group DWP put people in. If you are Single and are recieving ESA Contribution based this will be paid for 12 months then you will switch to Income related ESA….This means that if you are married/live with someone after 12 months THEY will be expected to support you. If you are single you will have means testing and may get Income related ESA….I am in the WRAG group also…Have no hope of anyone employing me with my list of probs ( Along with Fibro, have Hypermobility syndrome, Crohn's and am Hypothyroid)…My ESA runs out soon and as married hubby will have to support me !! We have a mortgage so goodness only knows how we will cope?…Once in WRAG you will get a letter to attend the Job Center for a work focused interview. I believe I should be in the support group but am not sure I could cope with the stress of appealing. Wishing you well :-D
romany65
UKFM Member

Postby jayne_333 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:07 pm

ahh thank you for explaining! it's so confusing and having strong fibro fog at the moment isn't helping ha! At the moment I am not recieving anything because they say I haven't got enough 'National Insurance Contributions', I don't know what to do about that. I worked for 6 months before becoming ill at the age of 19. I don't know what is expected of me now to make up these 'Contributions'.
sorry for the little rant there, I just understand how they expect it! it's all so much stress on top of trying to build up my life again :bricks:
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gizmo39 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi jayne33, it is a nightmare trying to get your head round all these benefits etc. I was put in the work related group too and I suffer from fibromyalgia and an immune arthritis. My medical report clearly sa[img][img][/img][/img]id I would not be able to work for the forseeable future! If you are concerned about your financial situation and the future I found my local Citizens Advice Bureau to be really helpful. Keep your chin up,
Gizmo39
UKFM Newbie

Postby jayne_333 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Thank you think I will be heading to my local CAB next week for some advice , face to face as it's too overwhelming over the phone. thank you for your advice and kind words.
Who knew being ill would be so stressful!

Take care and hope we can all get things sorted :fingerscrossed:
jayne_333
UKFM Newbie

Postby zappa20 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:39 am

You should have received a couple of pages and on the last one it should give you a break down of what type of ESa you're going o be paid and the amount. But DWP letters are quite often very confusing or missing sheets.

If you don't have enough NI contributions it should be income based ESA. but somethings may affect this in your case. A call to DWP should be able to help sort out how your payments are made.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits