ESA & DLA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA & DLA

Postby jbr9135787 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Firstly:- i was given ESA and put in the work categorie. I still had a job but had an accident and hurting my back.
My job decieded that i wasnt fit enough to carry on working there, so we parted. My job was very physical.

My ESA was up for renewal. I explained on my form i have Fibromyalgia and Arthritis, they turned me down and said i was fit to work. I also applied for DLA which i was granted lower rate care. My renewal forms came again and i filled them out. I was given an award of lower rate care indeafanate, even though i explained that my Fibromyalgia was getting worse and so is the Arthritis.

So i have appealed against both of these. ESA, they did not tell me if i do appeal then i will only be on the assesment rate!!!! Which is £71.00......how is someone suppose to live of that??? SIx months later and i have not eaten properly, im being threatend to have my gas and electric cut off.

Where i lived with my x husband he has told the gas and electric company that i owed £900.00 from his address which i dont because i moved out over two years ago....But because my name was still on the bills i am liable for the bill?? My gas and electric is high because im at home and need to be warm because of my arthritis.

Second year with DLA i sent my renewal papers and they just sent me a letter back saying they have awarded me lower rate care indefinatly, i didnt have a doctor come out or nothing, until i appealed against the decision, and though i should get some motorbility!
DLA, i was sent a letter saying a dr is coming to see me.

He came and he was really nice, but from the paper work he filled out hes a lier or he has a bad memory! The doctor wrote that i was able to get on and off the sofa without help. He asked me if i could get on the sofa so he could do some tests, i told him im unable to get on and off with out help. He refused to help me but he wrote different? Also he states i walked around the house to get my id, i didnt it was all ready on the table where i sit. I am now going to video all my sessions with every doctor i come into contact with......!!

So a few days ago i get the paper work from the Tribural Services with the doctors statement asking if i want to go to tribural? I didnt get any letter saying that they have revised my DLA, i thought DLA should of done this before i went to Tribural?
I cant beleive even my hospital doctor who saw me once for three minutes has wrote im able to everything???
Yet my doctor who sees me on a regular basis at least once a month has wrote telling them what i able and unable to do on a daily basis.

I am on alot and i mean alot of medication and they are all at their maximun. I am incontinect bowl and bladder, i cant walk up the stairs and down. I suffer from depression and Anxiety. I am having suicidal thought again, i dont know how im going to cope. My daughter lives with me and if it wasnt for her support i dont know what i would do. My daughter is thinking of going to Egypt to live in Jan or Feb 2013..........My life isnt worth it, i wish i could give me life to someone who wants to live.

I have just had a stairlift fitted, and a bath lift fitted, i now have a great new Fischer stick and other extras.
I am in and out of the Citezens Advice, they are helping me with my appeals plural. But they dont give me stregnth and the support i need. I cant keep telling my daughter everything shes getting depressed listening to me all of the time! She helps me with all my care needs...........
So.....please dont tell me to go to the CAB i understand people out there would say for me to go there, im with them!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into small paragraphs for easier reading.
jbr9135787
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA & DLA

Postby isitme » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:52 pm

sorry to hear your story,

there are alot of us in the same boat so i won;t, sometimes the fights just gets knocked out of us.

nothing will happen now for a while i would think if sent to tribunal as that can take months for a date to come through.

i would put the ball down for a bit so to speak and have a rest from thinking about it - thats what i did after over 2 years of fighting.

my original claim is still ongoing and i ajm now at renewal stage - first one has gone all the way to upper tier and back down again.

what you could do in the meantime is ring dwp and ask them if they have/can look at it again/reconsider and they might before tribunal - i just did that on my renewal and heard it is with decision maker.

but as i said above - i have had to have a break in between for past year as it just depresses the hell out of you.

tea and chocolate is my crutch.
take care and come on here when you need to let it all out. :hugs: [chocolate] [chocolate] :cup1:
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment. With you already having CAB helping you with your appeals, we wouldn't tell you to go and see them. Have you told them about the problem relating to your name still being on the energy bills at your former home?? I would have thought that they could help you with that as well :-? :-?

If you have a read around what is on the forum, you'll find that there are quite a number of members going thru the appeals process, all at various stages. There may be something in amongst the numerous topics and replies that could be useful to you.

You need to thru the copies of the reports and paperwork you have received in a lot of detail and highlight where the differences are between how things are for you and what was written in the report. Your CAB advisor should be able to help you with this. It can then be added to your appeal evidence.

A lot of us are on numerous meds, and quite often at their maximum dosages as well as having other problems and associated conditions, so you're in good company. The way we are each affected can vary immensely.

We'll do what we can to give you the strength and support you are seeking. You could also consider looking for an FM support group in your area, they could possibly help you with advice and support as well as other things that could be available in your area.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

ESA & DLA

Postby jbr9135787 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Guys
Thank you for your kind remarks and support.
I have been though this site and i see what you mean, there are lots of people in my boat.
I can’t find anywhere if anyone has won DLA sonly on having Fibromyalgia?
Also i don’t understand why Fibromyalgia isn’t noticed as a genuine disability? Even two of my doctors in my practice do not recognise it, what chances do we have coming to terms with it when so called professionals don’t see it? :-x :(
Sorry for letting off steam, i can’t do it a home coz I’ve only got my daughter, and she’s going through a lot herself. My son was sent to prison over a year ago. His g\friend will not let me see my grandchildren, even though i have won in court three weeks ago the right to see them. The contact centre was arranged and she didn’t turn up!! My son, since i won hasn’t wrote to me from prison, he’s got a year left to go...I’ve been looking for a support group and the nearest one was 19 miles away. I don’t know where else to go??
:cry: :sleep:
jbr9135787
UKFM Newbie

Petition

Postby jbr9135787 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi
Ive just come across this petition if everyone wants to support us FMS sufferes?

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dla ... /sign.html
jbr9135787
UKFM Newbie

Postby jbr9135787 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Guys

I hope we are all well as expected...lol...
Ive got my tribunal date for ESA, its 11 March 2013... :lol: (what a joke)
I started my fight in April/May 2012...ive still surviving on the assessment rate of £72.00 aweek (approx), Im sure the DHSS leave you waiting and waiting so then you finaly give up and go and sign on instead an claim Job seekers? I would get at least £100. on JS.. but im not fit to work, recommended by my doctor!!!

Gentle {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you all...xx
jbr9135787
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 am

:fingerscrossed: for your tribunal, here's hoping you get some good news :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby moomoos » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:12 pm

I have been living on £71.00 per week since April 2012 when I failed my medical assessment with ATOS and appealing. My appeal will be heard sometime in June/July this year. I was assessed only on mental health cos of depression, anxiety n panic attacks. I have since been dx with FM just before xmas 2012. I have not yet tried to apply for DLA cos am too scared of being knocked back for it and having to start another exhausting fight with the dwp. This week I was told I wasnt allowed the cold weather payment that we had in our area cos I'm not in a WRAG group, so I even lost out on that even tho I'm spending money on gas to keep warm, just like the people in a WRAG group. It makes me so utterly fed up and exhausted and depressed :cry: :cry: :cry:
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby lynn66 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

hi everyone am in such a pickle i have fibromyalgia,asthma,underactive thyroid,ibs and severe headaches daily to the left of my head which apparently is caused by fibromyalgia and taken tegratol for it amongst many other medications,am in the wrag of esa had my 1st interview and now i will have home telephone interview as i was in severe pain to attend ,i have asked for a reconsideration to be put into the support group,what chance would i have of this ?and i have a tribunal appeal next week absolutely dreading this can anyone tell me what happens there and how many will i be judged by and what sort of questions will they ask me am so worried and stressed about this can anyone help me with these questions please :-?
lynn66
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits