[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi guys...

Hi guys...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi guys...

Postby Clare68 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Hello

Its been a while since i posted on here.
I just wanted to let you know my news and to give other people some hope. I applied for DLA with the help of CAB in March and was refused, it went to tribunal in July which i could not attend as i was too ill with fibro and other problems. They also refused, i couldnt be bothered with the fight at the time and my condition got steadily worse so the end of august i contacted them again and they sent me more claim forms but this time i contacted the welfare officer within our local council and they sent a benefits visiting officer round to help complete the forms with me.
To cut a long story short today i got my award notofication through..I have been awarded higher rate for both elements...I am so relieved as i am now at the stage where i can no longer work and have been off for the last month and this money will help soooo much.
The award is for 2 years, but i do expect them to reasses sooner. Funnily enough in yesterdays post i got the tribunal statement of reasons for the denial..which were laughable but :roll:

So there is still hope for all fellow sufferers, what i did find interesting was the welfare officer did tell me when she visited was they are allowed to put a letter of recommendation in with the claim forms and this is what she was going to do for me. Also i asked my GP to let me know when she recieved her forms so i can go in, i went in a week last monday and went through the form with her and just over a week later i recieve my award.
I would advise people to maybe try getting the help like i did and i wish you all the luck in the world
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Re: Hi guys...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:44 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: Fantastic news for you Clare :clap: :clap: :clap: Helps give those applying that little bit of extra hope for their claim :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gimpyphil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi,Great news,mine runs out in 2014 but I think I will get the call before then to go to see the SS (atos) before then? Just a thought though,what happens if you are too ill to go to atos,do they come to you?

Phil.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby vampireangela » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 pm

the same sort of thing happened to me. i went through cab and was refused, twice, then a welfare rights guy helped me and i told him everything i feel but that i felt syupid for telling him as i dont think of myself as disabled as im not in a weelchair (i still struggle with this thinking) but he reasured me and when i said i doubt ill get it and it would probably go to tribunal, he actually said, no it wont ill make sure, and then i got it lower disability and higher care, so all i can say to ppl trying is dont give up. :-D
vampireangela
UKFM Member

Postby Clare68 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:40 pm

I am so relieved this fight is over but am very aware they could review it anytime, but for the moment it takes pressure off. I used to work 5 days then went down to 2 and for the last 6 months its been 1 day. For the last month i havent' been able to go in at all and for the previous 5 months i think ive only been in half a dozen times, i have been lucky with my employer but the time has come were i cant' look after myself properly, i need help with dressing and all personal care, havent' been able to cook a meal for 12months, cant drive etc. Time to relax and stop stressing about finances and concentrate on the task of trying to improve my health.... i do have several other health issues that all effect my mobility but am not goning to give up on improving my health.

I wish everyone that is suffering all the best for their health and with their own claims, after all less stress can only be a good thing for all fibro sufferers. :-)
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits