Good news! Placed in Support Group after reconsideration.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good news! Placed in Support Group after reconsideration.

Postby oorwullie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Hello folks. Received a call from DWP today advising me I've been moved from the WRAG to the Support Group after writing to them asking for a reconsideration. I can't say what a relief that is. Just waiting to see if they will now reinstate my DLA at mid rate care instead of low rate after again asking for a recosideration. It just shows there is hope after all. You just have to keep fighting.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Re: Good news! Placed in Support Group after reconsideration.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Fantastic news for you!!! :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jo43 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

That's excellent news. What did you ask them to reconsider? Thinking of doing it too. Were you in your deadline? x
Jo43
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm

oorwullie

Welldone :welcome:

I won my recon for the support group and it was such a relief. Unfortuneately they dont tell the DLA people of their new decision although they tell them when we fail, i suppose as it will cost them. Yoyu will have to contact DLA direct and will probably have to ask for a review of the decision.

Good Luck in getting your DLA back.

:goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi guys thanks for the good wishes. Yeah I have written direct to the DLA department in Blackpool asking for a reconsideration. As for what I put in my letter to DWP re. ESA I went through the copy of my medical report which although it had some fiction in it as usual was actually not too bad a report considering it came from ATOS, I highlighted all the things the report said in my favour and wrote a list of reasons why it was not feasible for me to take part in the WRAG, how it was detrimental to my health, caused me significant pain and discomfort, was actually dangerous for me to attend due to my balance problems etc. and that the staff at Triage had recommended that I appeal the decison to be placed in the WRAG as there was no reasonable work related activity I could do and that me attending these metting was a waste of my time and theirs. I managed to send the request for reconsideraton in within the 28 days cut off period the DWP specify.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits