DLA wish me Luck.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA wish me Luck.

Postby tracyclarke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Well here goes, help is on its way today to help me fill in the forms for my 1st attempt at DLA.

I know i am setting myself up for months of stress and worry, but things cant get anyworse. I cant get sick pay (because i didnt work for 3 months back in 2010) cant get working tax credits through my husband because we earnt too much money in 2010 :pull-hair: so cant apply for them untill 2013, so we are trying our best on my husbands selfemployed wage. Unfortunatly due to my health problems he cant put in the hours needed to make the money needed to survive.

#Any advice before we sign seal and deliver would be great.

much love and hugs to all xxx :chicken-dance:
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Re: DLA wish me Luck.

Postby dobby » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi tracy sorry no advice as I'm having same problem , I have worked for years and now on sick they won't let me back so I'm living on 12pound a day sick. Pay trying to support 3children x
dobby
UKFM Member

Postby romany65 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Good luck :-D …Still waiting to hear for my DLA xx
romany65
UKFM Member

Postby babajane32 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm

thought tax credits went on previous tax year?
dla not taking months, but loooong haul if u ned to go the appeals route, fingers crosede fro you that you wont have to go that rout. xx gl
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 pm

:goodluck1: Lots do get refused 1st time but dont give up, appeal it, i was told by my gp that 99% are turned down on their 1st attempt.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tracyclarke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Well the deed is done. I have to say that the lady from our local disability support centre was amazing :-D . She knows her stuff, and she was well up on her FM. I was surprised to learn that because of the IBS and some of the nasty symptoms i have been having i can try again for ESA but the supported ESA this time, she is going to come back and help me with that claim also.
She told me not to worry if i get refused as they tend to do this just to stop people from applying and around 70% that apply dont appeal. She has her boxing gloves on and is fighting in our corner. I found out today that this is the same woman that helped my sister in law (with a different med condition) win a life time award a couple of months ago, even tho she has to re-apply next year for the PIP as we are one of the first counties to go over to this.
So i guess now the wait begins.
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Postby tracyclarke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:07 pm

to babajane

yes they do tax year 2010 - 2011 which means that we can not apply at all in 2012 we have to wait till 2013 to show that in 2011 -2012 we did not earn enough.
so by the time the next tax year comes around we will have had to wait for just short of 2 years.
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Postby Jo Owen » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:04 am

I hope you are lucky and get it first time. I applied for rejection 3 times and finally won my appeal on my third time, but only get the lowest amount on the care componant. I am putting up with this as something is better than nothing and was told i can apply again but they are getting tougher and tougher and i may lose the small amount of DLA i currently get. I personally think all the people at the DWP suffer from fibro fog, as well as ignorance to what Fibro means on a daily basis. I have to pick up my meds today but at the moment can't even lift my arms to get dressed and for this get the lowest care componant lol.
Jo Owen
UKFM Newbie

Postby Treece » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 am

hi

from now on keep a record of every appointment, what was discussed and ask for a copy of the consultation letter if its a hospital appointment (if you ask at the hospital they are happy to copy you in FOC, GP's can charge for the same information). Just put it in a file somewhere. If you do need to appeal you will have all the medical evidence you should need.

I kept a diary for 3 months, giving pain levels and support needed. Frustrations and feelings along with the physical restrictions. That helps when trying to express difficulties.

I do wish you luck, just wish it wasnt down to luck!

Take care, dont stress too much and once the form has gone, try not to think about it... fibro flares are worse if stressed!

xxx Treece
Treece
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits