DLA payment in my account!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA payment in my account!!!

Postby Mo B » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi just wanting to know has anyone experienced this. I have recently applied for DLA for the first time. I sent my form in late, they sent a letter asking me to explain why it was late. I only posted this this morning so they couldnt possibly have received it yet. I was having a look at my bank account this afternoon for a completely different reason and there is a payment from SSA DLA quoting my National Insurance number. Does this mean I have been accepted? There was no letter when i got in from work so i'm a bit confused :/ Thanks for reading :) any advice would be appreciated....
Mo B
UKFM Newbie

Re: DLA payment in my account!!!

Postby gary15871 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:56 pm

that would be dla payment letter normally followss cpl days later
gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Mo I would take it that although you sent in your letter late they have gone ahead and calculated and then issued your payment. You may have to wait until your letter to see if they back paid you to your date of application or if they penalised you for sending info back late (unless of course you are good at maths and have a rough idea of what scales you could be on).
Depending on when in the month your award is due you may find that your 1st payment gets to you before your letter, its all to do with bank batch payments or something.

Congrats on getting it and happy spending!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 pm

The logical thing would be to contact them and see what they have to say about the payment. You may well have been successful and this is your interim/first payment, and the letter(s) advising you of what has been decided have been delayed for some reason.

Don't want to be a party pooper about this, but until you know what is happening I wouldn't touch it. There is always a chance that the payment has been sent to you in error, and if this is found to be the case, DWP are within their rights to reclaim it from you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Mo Appreciate what FP says and a quick ring to Castle court may be the best option but I have found that there can be a delay in letters getting to you after payments......Its SSA after all ...bless thier little hearts :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Mo B » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it. Yeah i am cautious about it like you say, dont wanna count my chickens!! :) Still no letter today so i'll see what tomorrow brings and i'll keep you posted...
Mo B
UKFM Newbie

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

The same thing happened to me, i got the money in the bank and no letter, i rang them and they explained and i letter came within a week. Best just to call them and find out.
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits