ESA and DLA outcome

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA and DLA outcome

Postby Treece » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 am

Hi All

I had my ESA appeal and DLA appeal a week apart so I thought I would wait for final outcome before posting on here.

I had been turned down for both and appealed both.

My ESA appeal was pretty straight forward and I was put in the support group of ESA with a no call back for minimum of 2 years.

My DLA was a horrible experience and they do try to trip you up as I said the truth is the truth so I was not concerned at all. I won my appeal and was awarded the highest level of care and mobility. Originally the impression the medical person gave was that fibromyalgia is a nothing illness and actually said 'oh the illness that if its nothing else we will call it that' so I explained clearly what fibromyalgia really is. My legal representative told me I explained it well (hopefully a more educated panel with have a more sympathetic attitude to fibromyalgia sufferers).

I have been told legal aid is being removed from ESA and DLA appeals... i say even if you have to borrow the money for representation, do it.. I do not feel I would have coped without someone knowing the law sitting beside me. Also, how do you appeal an appeal if you do not know they are breaking the law.

The DWP have 28 days to appeal the decision, up to 6 weeks to sort my ESA and 13 weeks to sort DLA. So I am still living on £40 per week as I was one of the first people effected by the law change on 1st May.

All I wanted to win was my ESA (because I couldnt comply with JSA agreements) and being able to get my blue badge (so I would not be a prisoner in my own home). Roll on January... maybe I will see beyond the span of my window and hospital grounds!
Treece
UKFM Member

Re: ESA and DLA outcome

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone: Fantastic news for you :clap: :clap: :clap: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby babajane32 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:36 am

so pleased yopu got such great results....its a traversty you had to go through what you did to get there...am on my second dla application as lost first and appeal was awfull and disregarded 5 doc reports as they said i was not credable! 2nd tier tribuneral turned down as said even if law was broken it wouldnt have altered the outcome.....BUT one big plus wa sthe atos doc told me u dont need dla for a blue badge..so asked my gp who instantly fille din form for blue badge which i now have!! Now awaiting new dla descision and a esa decision/assessment.
I can beleiove they are withdrawing legal aid, but they should be shot for it! anyone who really needs dla or esa at a reasonable rate is clearly going to struggle doing battle in an appeal because of their health/disability/illness....the legnths they are going to! I hopoe each and every one of the people repsonsable have at least 1 week in their life in a state that we are,i would wish them a life time of it, but I unlike them an not inhuman!
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 am

Well done love I'm so pleased for you.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby dobby » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am

Well done pleased for u just goes to show there's hopefor us . :-D
dobby
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am

I love it whe one of US gets some good news , roll on January or sooner so you can truly relax.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby katz65 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi there ;-)
I am so pleased to finally hear that someone has beat them down & get approved, good for you :!:
I think it's awful that they don't reconise how horrible it is for us who suffer from Fibro, it's time they did & it was made possible to get ESA & DLA, the pain we have to go through everyday is perhaps something they think we can manage with with while working BUT the fatigue & especially Fibro Fog is surely classed as dangerous to work with :!: :!: :!: For just a couple of exemples: If it wasn't for my partner, the oven could be left on all night as I keep forgetting to turn it off & I sometimes forgot to lock the back door at night. So if these sort of things can happen, do they think we are completely safe. If we ourselves think we have reached this sad stage they should listen & believe & stop making our lives even more stressful :!: :!: :!:

I say well done to you & hope they don't let you down :-D

Also :goodluck2: to everyone going for ESA & DLA, I.ve tried once & failed so going to wait a while before I try again :-|
katz65
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits