[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - PIP face to face consultations ... ATOS?

PIP face to face consultations ... ATOS?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP face to face consultations ... ATOS?

Postby Treece » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi

I have been researching the new PIP requirements (this will replace DLA next year) apparently most people regardless of how long they have been awarded DLA including the indefinate's and for life claimants will have a face to face consultation. I have read that three organisations have won the contract to undertake these face to face consultations ... one is ATOS... I was shocked and disappointed to see this as surely the reputation this organisation already has should have automatically banned them.

Does anyone else know if this is actually true?

I would add that the rumour that people on mobility that can actually put one foot in front of the other will no longer get mobility is incorrect. they do still have similar criteria as now.

The PIP system is a points system which either you meet or you don't. I would however recommend that from now on (if not already doing) every time you see a consultant, get copied in to the letter to your GP. Collect evidence, download a symptoms daily chart and keep a diary. I think it will be harder to prove to get the points required so be prepared.

Once again its not going to be the rule differences its how it is assessed and interpreted by officials... its called deniability for the Government !!!
Treece
UKFM Member

Re: PIP face to face consultations ... ATOS?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:41 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

The Tories will never ban ATOS because ATOSers job is to kick people off, something which they are doing very well :S Grrr

I also like that they say, DLA claimants are not being reassessed for health, but moving onto a new benefit (which oh by the way includes a re-assessment for health!) Lying scum.
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 pm

My DLA is up for renewal in the middle of March 2013. (Not FM based as dx after I was awaarded it .) However today I received a renewal claim form and have been asked to send it back asap. If PIP is coming in from April 2013 does anyone know what the score is in relation to DLA versus PIP. If sucessful for DLA should I expect a recall very soon afer the new benefits system is in place or is DLA being given for a shorter time period than the normal 3 years and PIP phased in.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

PIP is being rolled out from April 2013 and will start in (I think) 3 areas first one of which is Merseyside so the likes of me :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and ISM I was told I would be sent a renewal pack for DLA before mine runs out in 2015 and to expect it towards the end of 2014 so it could be quite innocent.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:56 am

Thanks Denys, all the different names etc for the benefits just get me all :crazy: . DLA is the only thing I claim at the moment although have just got my ESA pack a couple of days ago , so will have that to go through as well. I think a forest the size of England must have been felled for all the paper needed!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:20 am

Hi all

Like Lisa i am also included in all letters from consultants that my gp receives!!! I also keep every single appointment letter that i receive so i know if i am missing a letter that one of the consultants has sent to my gp, when you go to the hospital if you ask either when you go in or just before you go in if you can be copied in they dont have a problem, in fact there should be a notice up telling you you can request it, its your right, afterall it is about you. My DLA is not up for renewal until May 2015 but i expect it much sooner!!!

Milly xxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits