I have been awarded ESA!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have been awarded ESA!

Postby linedancer99 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I posted my ESA claim form on the 24th October, after having help filling it in. I was helped by DISK, disability information services kent.

I received a letter today saying I have been awarded ESA that and I am in the work related group.

I have an appt with DISK to find out why I am not in a support group as I have been on incapacity for approx. 10 years and my condition will not improve. My appt is 10th Dec. When I rang them this morning they said it was a good start as I had not been put on jobseekers allowance.

I am now feeling a bit more positive as this seems a step in the right direction.
Last edited by linedancer99 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Re: I have been awarded ESA!

Postby suenew54 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Congratulations,nice to hear some good news for a change.... ive got my tribunal 10th dec fingers crossed
suenew54
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 pm

:woot: :welldone: Yey!!!!

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 pm

:woot: :woot: :fingerscrossed: your appeal will go well :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sharon68 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:18 pm

I am at present receiving ESA and awaiting to hear about DLA,i have been dismissed from my job due to ill health as ive been off since January this year and the report from my GP to my employer advised that i wouldnt be fit for work due to my illness. I am now abit worried as i received a letter yesterday asking me to attend a medical regarding the benefit i am getting,which im presuming is ESA,is this normal? Im so worried they are going to stop my payments,i sent them all copies from my pyschotherapist,Rheumatoligist and Neurologist and i am now going to be seen by another rheumatologist at Salisbury hospital in January,i have the help of Occupational Therapy who i may add are absoulutely fantastic. Please can someone give me some advise im worrying and its really not helping me! :(

Many Thanks!
sharon68
UKFM Newbie

Postby Treece » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:39 pm

hi

if you have applied for ESA it is routine to be called for a medical, then a decision will be made as to if you are in the WRAG or support group. They can call you as often as every 6 months. DLA medicals are usually held in your own home, however under the new PIP rules this will change as most people will have face to face consultations for this new benefit.

xxx T
Treece
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits