DLA and Multiple GP'S

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA and Multiple GP'S

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi All, I am in the process of applying for DLA - been to see one of the GP'S at my surgery and they were really helpful, she knows me and have treated me for pain over the last 18 months for Scoliosis and FM, I told her that I am applying for DLA and she told me that it is fine for me to use her details on the form, however the form might go to other Dr as they all share work and she cant guarantee that she will get them. Over the last 18 months I have always seen any Dr that is available and most of them know me as I go there a lot. I am concerned that if they write to my GP she might not get the form and that the reply is from someone that doesn't understand how my conditions effect me. :crazy:

Wonder if any of you had the same issue and how you dealt with it????

Hugs Lisa
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: DLA and Multiple GP'S

Postby babajane32 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 pm

just ensure you list her by name as your gp to contact,that way it should only go to her.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby crochetkid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:26 pm

I was wondering the same thing for my application, thanks :-)
crochetkid
UKFM Member

Postby gimpyphil » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi,My doctors are a group of about ten different doctors,I was like you going to see a different doctor,the trouble with doing that you have to keep telling them what's happening.I now go to the same doctor everytime,you just have to tell them you want to see what you think is the best doctor.Don't take no for a answer.Hope it works out for you.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby deborahpovey » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm

yes Lisa that has just happened to me. I applied for DLA and the form was sent to the practice ( my doctors name was on the form) a different doctor completed the form one that i have never seen, therefore he could only put unknown to most of the questions asked. not surprisingly i was declined any DLA even though i was only middle care and low mob. I am in the middle of a appeal at the moment and i have stated that i feel that its very unfair that they would consider a report of a doctor whom i have never seen I hope that this makes a difference :-? hope this makes sense
deborahpovey
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 pm

deborahpovey wrote:yes Lisa that has just happened to me. I applied for DLA and the form was sent to the practice ( my doctors name was on the form) a different doctor completed the form one that i have never seen, therefore he could only put unknown to most of the questions asked. not surprisingly i was declined any DLA even though i was only middle care and low mob. I am in the middle of a appeal at the moment and i have stated that i feel that its very unfair that they would consider a report of a doctor whom i have never seen I hope that this makes a difference :-? hope this makes sense

Thank you, I thought this might be the case with me, I am going to speak to my surgery to try and avoid this from happening in the first place. Thank you. :-)
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby andy2210 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm

hi,
my surgery does the same(seen about 20 different dr's now)but lately ive been seeing the same doc for the past few times.i asked her about her filling my form in for dla and she said it would be the head dr of the surgery,i asked why cant she do it as she has seen me most?the reply was each time i see a dr they write everything down on my file and that what the head dr of the surgery would use to fill my form in so not to worry,so i left it at that.i got my dla which is high rate mobility and low rate care.i recieved it on the report my doc had filled in and didnt need a medical(which i was :shock: )!so dont worry about seeing different docs,its all wrote down on your case notes and good luck with getting your dla :-D
p.s debs put in for it again after 3 months even though your appealing hun.thats what i did hun.im still going to tribunal about my last one,but they have sent a letter and my report to them and saying that if im successful that it should only be paid back to when i won my dla
andy2210
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:03 pm

The answer is to make sure at every appointment everything is put down on your records!

I always explain my walking difficaulties and care needs in amoungst my consultation. This gets all noted down so if my GP does not get my DLA forms (hes retiring soon) no matter who picks up the forms everything is on the screen for them.

What you can also do which i have done is make an appointment to talk about your care and mobility needs and say that you are in the process of an application so they have everything to hand. One GP asked me to write it down so she had my info to hand also.

Sadly some doctors do not put much on the records which happened to a friend of mine and when the DLA went in the doctors report had *no record* all over the medical form from DLA :yikes: even tho there were in and out all time! so keeping track and making sure all is written is a must
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby lolabolla » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I feel for you.

I'm having to appeal to my former employer to get my pension immediately.

I have just seen the report that they received, which by the way was completed by one of the G.P's in the practice that I have never seen :yikes:

This is what he wrote on the report, word for word:

'Back pain + fibromyalgia, see reports attached, no prognosis.'

No wonder my pension was turned down at the first appeal, if I was my former employer I would have turned it down too on that evidence :roll:

So from now on I'm going to take a leaf out of Lisa's book.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

DLA and Multiple GP'S

Postby lisaward127 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 pm

lolabolla wrote:I feel for you.

I'm having to appeal to my former employer to get my pension immediately.

I have just seen the report that they received, which by the way was completed by one of the G.P's in the practice that I have never seen :yikes:

This is what he wrote on the report, word for word:

'Back pain + fibromyalgia, see reports attached, no prognosis.'

No wonder my pension was turned down at the first appeal, if I was my former employer I would have turned it down too on that evidence :roll:

So from now on I'm going to take a leaf out of Lisa's book.

Lola xx

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, this is what I am trying to avoid. Best of luck. Xx
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits