Can they do this !!!!!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can they do this !!!!!!

Postby jue-bug » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Checked my bank account and NO MONEY from DSS since 2 Nov No letter no warning nothing ...
After being put in WRAG and having money drop I sent off an appeal. I am sending sick notes in from my doctor as advised .I recieved a letter saying they will reconsider and if they don't agree will send to tribunal....Meanwhile I attended the job training interview and the follow up phone call as requested I checked my bank account today and find the last payment they made was 2 Nov...I have had no communication from anyone to say this was going to happen..I know I can't phone until Monday but any advise from anyone would be helpful....
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Re: Can they do this !!!!!!

Postby babajane32 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm

From other posts i've read, if you are appealing a dedcision you have to request they continue to pay you, not sure whether it is at the assesment rate or at the rate for WRAg if you've been put in that. It also seams that sending any letters/information isn't one of their strong point.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby jue-bug » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Oh ok ...Well I put an appeal in in September and have been paid regularly until now .....The letter saying they will reveiw or send to appeal doesn't say anything about stopping payment :-x ....I guess I'll have to ring mon and see what they say :roll:
Thanx for that babajane
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Postby love my greyhound xx » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi, If you are in the WRAG and appeal against it to go in the support group you will be paid at the WRAG rate until a decision is given. I don't know your circumstances but if you were getting ESA C (contribution based) then this can only be paid for 12 months. ( the IR side of the benefit, income related, is payable for as long as you meet the criteria. So first think what ESA benefit you get and if it is contribution based think, when did you first claim it was it November 2011 ?...hope this helps (before getting fibro i worked on the WCA section of ESA )
love my greyhound xx
UKFM Newbie

Postby jue-bug » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Hmmm confusion reigns :roll:
Thanks love my greyhound for response
I have been claiming ESA since May 2011 in support group. Was then put in WRAG Sept 2012 ....paid at lower rate for 8 weeks then nothing...surely a warning letter should have been sent out I am :sick: with it all...
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 am

Sounds like another DWP mistake. Unless perhaps you were on ESA IB in Support Group and have a working partner now affectng your WRAG status , or didn't have enough NI contrib to stay in CB ESA . In which case you'd need to ask for a form , think it's a ESA form 3 to move onto ESA Income Based ,as long as your household income meets their limits.

Fingers crossed the person you speak to can sort it out or at least explain it. But keep in mind some DWP staff aren't too knowlegeable on regulations and you might need to ask for someone higher up in DWPto give you a call back.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby jue-bug » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi All
An update ..Yes it was a DWP error finally sorted after countless phone conversations last week :-) I now have backdated money in my account ...NO apology but I guess I shouldn't really expect one :roll:
J x
jue-bug
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Glad you finally got it sorted out :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby zappa20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 am

Pleased to hear you got it sorted. :-D
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 am

Bet it was a nice feeling having a ton of money that you were entitled to going into the bank! Long time coming tho. Am sure you could have done with money over Christmas tho! You got it now, so have fun spending it all x x
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits