Help with Appeal please

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help with Appeal please

Postby Mumihippo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi, I am pretty clueless when it comes to anything to do with this so hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I was placed in wrap but want I appeal for the support group. I have already phoned and requested the appeal form and also the medical report but they didn't arrive so I called again and they have told me that they are in the way. What is the next step? I'm getting very anxious as its coming up to Xmas and the post seems to completely shut down an I'd don't want to miss my deadline. Do you have to draft your own letter?
I really would be very grateful for advice.
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Re: Help with Appeal please

Postby carole50 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 pm

have a look on the benefits and work website theres lots of advice on there x
carole50
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm

With you saying you were placed in wrap, I take it you were placed in WRAG. With how I'm feeling today tho, being placed in a warm wrap sounds a much better idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We usually suggest getting in touch with Citizens Advice or other similar organisation in your area for help with an appeal as they tend to know how best to phrase things in relation to the points where Atos and DWP have written a fantasy rather than the truth. If it's difficult for you to get to see someone before your appeal needs to be in, you could write your initial letter yourself wit a brief explanation of why you're appealing their decision, making sure that you mention that there will be further supporting evidence to come shortly.

If you have a look thru some of the stuff on this board, you may find some suggestions/ideas that could help you initially as there have been posts made from various members at different points along the appeals process.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby padders » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am

Hi
My son and I did my own letter of appeal and won!! What we did was look at each comment they had wrote and we wrote our replie. For example they put

i negotied doors well and heard my name being called!!
My replie to that was I was in a wheelchair that my son was pushing!!

Another one I was clean and well dressed!!
We put because I have help to get washed and dressed!!

and 3rd they put I refused to get onto the couch!!
Replied I didn't refuse I was unable to get onto in as it was to high for me and the assessor refused to lower it.

And so on we wrote a replie to each and every point they had made even if we agreed with it. In the end we had wrote a 3 page (A4) replie only stating the truth and we won I was put in the support group for 2 years and got a lot of back pay!!

Do not give up just take it one step at a time and be truthful. I hope it turns out okay for you x
Lisa
padders
UKFM Member

Postby Mumihippo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Ok, thanks for replies. I think I should write a letter and send it. The forms still haven't come from dwp in today's post so I will get letter away so at least they know I am appealing then can forward info after. I was very surprised at outcome as the assessor didn't even do the physical. I was in and out within 5mins. I assumed from that she had enough info from form and all the letters from hospital and go etc. I have no idea how many points I scored tho, not until I get the report.
I did mean, wrag, but stupid autocorrect changed it without me noticing!! I should learn to proof read.
Thank you all again, will keep you posted with news :-)
Mumihippo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Mumihippo wrote:I did mean, wrag, but stupid autocorrect changed it without me noticing!! I should learn to proof read.
Thank you all again, will keep you posted with news :-)

Don't worry about typos like that, we all make them at some point and sometimes the wrong word in the middle of what is being said can give us a real :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: which always helps make things seem that bit brighter and lighter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits