turned down at reconsideration what to do next

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

turned down at reconsideration what to do next

Postby annrotherham » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:08 pm

hi all turned down at reconsideration i have fibromyalgia ostio arthitus emphysema. my doc has now told them twice i need lots of help. there just ignoring this . im so upset dont know what to do i carnt pay my bills
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Re: turned down at reconsideration what to do next

Postby Jo Owen » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 am

Appeal, appeal, appeal, they did this to me as well last Christmas, ring them up, tell them you are appealing their decision and ask them to send the form if they haven't done so already, they will re-instate your money albeit at the lowest rate (you will get back pay when you win the appeal), I won mine last month, before the appeal I was petrified but it wasn't too bad. Most of all, DON'T PANIC, I got help from the Citizens Advice, they were brilliant. Good luck but it will all be ok in the long run.
Jo Owen
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:31 pm

With you being turned down at reconsideration Ann, you should automatically go into the full appeals system. If you're not sure if this is happening, you'll need to talk to DWP to make sure.

With appeals taking months to be heard, you could use the time to send in any extra evidence you think may be helpful to your claim. Anything that you're unsure of or find yourself needing help or advice about, CAB and such places are the people to talk to. They may be able to look thru what you have already submitted to see if there is anything else that could be done to help your case.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby migrembe » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Definitely all the above or you could beat them over the head with a bat and see if that helps, at least you will have somewhere to live that won't cost you anything :crazy: :lol: :roll: :face-slap: :face-slap:

I have been awarded high rate DLA but can i get the ESA to move, not yet at any rate. You can be paralyzed from the neck down but if you can type with your mouth you can go to work :crazy:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm

:goodluck1: on your appeal
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits