Visit with my personal advisor

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Visit with my personal advisor

Postby sknowles456 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Fed up, i am on ESA and in the work related group although i think i should be in the support group. i thought you only had to go to the job centre every 6 months but i now have to go next week having only been there in August, i got a letter saying they are going to give you work related activities but am so scared. i have severe ibs which i am not able to control sometimes, i have bipolar and depression plus fibro, what about i cannot function to work do they not understand. i am taking my mum with me and will let her do the majority of the talking. wish they would just leave us alone. so worried.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: Visit with my personal advisor

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 pm

:goodluck1: make sure you tell them all of your symptoms.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Alot of us are in the same boat im afraid :( They may give you working related activities so its your job to exlain in great depth with your symptoms how you would be unemployeable and unable to do any tasks set out in any work related activty. You are right in taking your mum, she can help you.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby sknowles456 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:18 pm

well i had the same advisor as last time which was good but she was not going to let me get away with doing nothing, i have to go on a confidence boosting course in january for 7 week 2 hours a week. she implied that if i didnt go then my money would be stopped. she has to check with my GP but knowing him, he will say i am ok. my only problem is that if i have a flare up on the day i am meant to go, i will be struggling, some days i may not be too bad, thats the point, i cannot commit to regular hours, i also suffer from anxiety and the thought of sitting in a room with strangers makes me worry. i hate this government and the pressure they are putting on us. ~I think i should be in the support group because i suffer from bipolar, anxiety and depression and well as fibro - and not the work related activities group but i fear that if i appeal then they will send me for a medical and i hear so many horror stories of people failing so i think i should just sit tight and do what they say :-( sorry to moan on but it gets me down. Suzy
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

If you were to appeal the decision Suzy, it doesn't mean you would definitely have to go for an assessment. If enough evidence is presented, the decision could be changed at the reconsideration stage which would also be quicker than going to the appeal stage.

We do hear a lot about the nightmares and horrors of the WCA, and I think these stories can often make us forget that we don't hear really very much about the claims that go straight thru the system.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 pm

:goodluck1: Suzy
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits