VICTORY put in Support Group what does this mean?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

VICTORY put in Support Group what does this mean?

Postby munclesmubb » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

hi all.

i wonted to share with you all my news.

i was due to have an ATOS assement but my gp put a stop to it. ATOS then told me that they didnt need to see me and they had sent their report to the dwp.

i have been waiting for a reply and it came today.

i have been put in the support group and i am now getting the contribution esa. i think this is great.

but i have a few questions.

1. do i get free dental and prescriptions?

2. should i try for DLA and income related esa?

3. will i have to pay rent?

4. after 13 weeks will my money go up?

my dad seams to think that i might not have to pay any rent. i am not sure about that.

i saw my speicalist and i have been told that i have angina. i have been house bound since september as any exercise causes me chest pain. i have been to hospital once already where they thought i was having a heart attack. i am going to have an angiogram soon to see what can be done. would this entitle me to get DLA?

having been put in the support group i do not wont to be taken out of it. so i am a bit worried about trying for DLA as i dont wont them to take away what i already have.

any info you guys could give would be great and to all off you who are still going through it. hang in there.
:lol:
munclesmubb
UKFM Member

Re: VICTORY put in Support Group what does this mean?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Fab news about getting into the Support Group :clap: :clap: :clap: Hopefully it will help ease a little of the pressure and worry you've been feeling. Your award letter should tell you how long you have been put in the group for, usually 1 or 2 years, so that should mean you shouldn't be called for another review/assessment before then.

Contribution based ESA (ESA(c) means that you don't qualify for free prescriptions or dental treatment I'm afraid. There may be help available towards costs tho, depending on your circumstances. To find out about that tho, you'd need to speak to someone who can advise you based on your individual situation. While you're trying to find out more relating to any other help you may be entitled to and you find you have to pay for any prescriptions, you could apply for a Prescription Prepayment Certificate http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1127.aspx

To qualify for income related ESA, the overall household/family income has to be below a specified amount (can't recall the amount at the moment tho :oops: :oops: ) Anything above this means you claim ESA(c) instead. You'd need to see a benefits advisor about this, as well as your question about rent as they will be able to give you advice relating to your specific circumstances.

Applying for DLA shouldn't mean you're likely to be taken out of the Support Group. DLA is paid at different rates depending on how your health problems affect you care and mobility wise. It is paid to applicants who are able to work and to those who find themselves unable to work. It isn't paid based on you having particular illnesses/problems/conditions, but on how you are affected by your conditions.

Now you've been told you qualify for ESA(c) the amount you are paid should increase to the full rate if you were on the assessment rate. There may also be some back pay relating to being on the assessment rate, but you'd need to check if this applies to you.

If you were transferred from IB to ESA(c) tho, as the IB rates tended to be a bit higher than the initial ESA ones, you'll probably carry on getting the same rate until ESA rates reach the same sort of level (well that's what I was told when I went thru the system last year)

You'd
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby munclesmubb » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm

thanks for the reply.

i thought i might not get the free dental etc.

still not sure about the DLA.i have tried before and they where not very nice.

i might try and get hold of a benifits advisor and see what i can find out.

there is no time limit. it just says that i am in the support group and i dont have to go to interviews.

thanks again for your help.

:lol:
munclesmubb
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 am

Well done on getting the Support Group. If your household income is below a certain level but you're on ESA CB you can apply for free or help with prescription costs by filling in an HC1 form and sending it off.

Housing benfit is paid based on household income. You can work and still get help with housing benfit.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm

:welldone: nice news just before christmas, try with the HC1 form its not to daunting after all the others :-D :-D :-D :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits