ATOS Medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ATOS Medical

Postby 0710Carol » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 pm

after being on Income Support for a while due to illness and being unfit for work, I was transfered over to ESA in July 2012, I now have my first ATOS Medical on monday and it is making me feel physically sick, it's worrying me so much.
every two weeks out of my £142 ESA I have to take out £60 to cover the shortfall on my rent due to me having three beds and it being only me and my daughter! so if they stop it for any reason I will lose my home. I know other sufferers who've had their payments stopped and are more advanced than I am with this illness ... any advice on how I can prepare for this please!!!! :yikes: :cry:
0710Carol
UKFM Newbie

Re: ATOS Medical

Postby vickyp1977 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 pm

I was Diagnosed with arthritis in my spine and fybro about 3yrs ago and have had to go through all this rubbish too .The only advice i can give you is to get someone from the citizens advice to be your representative and go with you or even a solicitor as they tend to walk all over you at the meetings. I had mine a couple of months ago and made the mistake of going on my own which didn't turn out well so now i have to go to a solicitor myself to fight their unfair decision to take my dla away also check out a group on facebook called blacktriangle and see if you can find the article on there about "How to gain exemption from DWP/Atos fit for work and Wrag decisions" it has 2 documents you can download for your doctor that may help you, Good Luck
vickyp1977
UKFM Newbie

Postby sharon68 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am

I too have my medical on monday and have also been getting myself into abit of a state over it.Ive been getting ESA since August this year,i wasnt aware i could get someone from CAB to go with me and its too late for me to get someone now. Ive lost my job as ive been off sick since January this year and was diagnosed with fibro in June,i walk with two sticks and have had some amazing help from occupational therapy,they have arranged for so many adjustments to my home for me,but this medical is terrifying me!! :(
sharon68
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolabolla » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:01 pm

Hope your assesments go well

:goodluck2:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

My thought are with you both i really hope things go well for you!!!!

Millyxxx :-D :goodluck2:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi carol

I was just wondering how you got on at your atos medical yesterday? I am just filling out the questionaire from atos after being in the support group for the last 3 years. My problems are even worse now and i am absoloutly dreading being called for another medical once they recieve my form back. Fibro is a new problem that i have and wondered if they really do listen to how this horrible thing affects our everyday existance.

Hope all is well
Milly xxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby 0710Carol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Milly ...

it wasn't actually as bad as I was expecting ... I think I'd read and listened to too many people's horror stories about it and had got myself worried over people saying that their benefit money had been stopped. my GP had in the morning told me not to worry about that and once I recieve my later, if it states that I failed then he would do everything he could to help with the appeal, but what I would have to do is call DWP straight away and advise them that I would be appealing but I must remember to state to them that they have to continue to pay me whilst the appeal process is going through or they may stop my payments. he did put me at ease with it.
the lady doctor that I saw was nice and polite and told me not to do anything that would hurt me, so I didn't. I have no idea how I did? it's just a sit and wait for the letter to come through the door now :roll: x
0710Carol
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits