can i appeal and make a new claim for dla at same time

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can i appeal and make a new claim for dla at same time

Postby annrotherham » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:08 pm

hi does any one know if i can appeal my original claim made in may and because i now have other conditions can i make a new claim as well. im told by an advisor this cannot be done
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Re: can i appeal and make a new claim for dla at same time

Postby denys » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm

You have to go through the appeal first, I think (might be wrong and if I am someone will soon correct me :lol: :lol:) then you have to inform them that you have a change in circumstances. Best thing to do would be to ring them and ask :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherconfessor » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 am

Nooo don't do it....my husband did and when he won his appeal, they only award it to the date of the second application and we had to go through it all again. I know it takes a long, long time but hang on it there, and good luck xx
motherconfessor
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 am

i did as if in mhy case you only get lrc again you have waited for nothing.

i have several at the moment.

1 st claim april 2010 went all way up to upper tier got overruled and bounced back down allowed new appeal which was fast and got date for 18 december a week ago.

2nd claim - renewal 2012 again only got awarded lrc despite a drs assessment this time and telling them i am suicial (finlally did it few days ago) do despite telling their dr i was i my mental health was still not taken into consdieration.

now wondering wether to send in change of circumstances or tell the mfc what as happened.

sorry am a bit :twisted: :twisted: at moment as to what you have to do to prove you need help from social services, dwp etc.
still a bit raw.
isitme
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits